questoins about my recent upgrade to sct from edge - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by bigguy75inches, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 584 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

questoins about my recent upgrade to sct from edge

hey guys. I bought an edge as my first tuner. i was impressed over all.. but my truck lacked enough power to spin the tires. plus i didnt like how the tranny shifted. so with everyones urging i got a sct from innovative. i got the tow, street, and extreem street tunes. the street and extreem street with both spin the tires now! i was most pleased with the tunes. untill i got to drive them everyday and now i notice some things. I notice that unless i floor the truck, it doesnt feel like it has any much more power than stock. for instance i could pull a trailer on lvl 5 with the edge. maybe a 4k pound trailer. and i would hardly even notice its there. well when i tow with the sct on any setting it all feels the same as about stock. it like it has no real low to mid end power. all of which is vital when i tow. i dont feel comfortable passing anyone when im towing my 3 trailers cuz the only way i can really excellerate is if i floor it. and i know these tunes arent made to be thrashed while towing. I noticed on my edge i could give about 1/4 to 1/2 throttle and hit 100mph in no time. for the same effect i have to give 3/4 to full throttle on the sct. in reality except for the ability to spin the tires on takeoff. the sct actually feels the same or a tad slower on the extreem vs lvl 5 edge.

I just left a message with innovative.. loved his service in the past and im by no means dogging his tunes...

I just wanted to ask for some opionions on what i should expect from a sct.
cuz i was under the impression this thing was suppose to kick edge's ***.
and if i had to guess how fast my truck was now... id have to say i dont think it would be any faster than a 15.5 to 16.0 in the quarter.
my 2002 chevy silverado z71 5.3 cammed and stalled truck ran a 14.8 in the quarter in 4wd. i know how to launch, and i know what a 14 second truck feels like.

I doesnt feel anydifferent towing my trailer with my old 2002 half ton silverado and my 2004 6.0 deisel.

also with my sct tunes,, if i let off the throttle fast from anything over 1/4 throttle i get a turbo fart. it seems plain rediculous.

enough of my ranting.. hope you guys can cheer me up

So im wondering if this is normal for a sct?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 03:57 PM

I replied to your email right when I received it. Just flash your truck back to stock and read the strategy. We'll send you updated programs that will fix you up...no worries. :Thumbup:
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 04:42 PM

Eric, You rock.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-20-2007, 06:38 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

yipee i cant wait to send you the stratgy in the morning!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode