Dealer Reflashed. How do I find out to what? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 06kma, this thread has received 8 replies and been viewed 973 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 02:07 AM Thread Starter

Dealer Reflashed. How do I find out to what?

Hi there.

Just got my truck back from the dealer from some warranty works. They put in a new tensioner and serpentine belt as well as a new glow-plug relay. The truck is 6 months old, a 2006 6.0, auto, crew-cab, 4x4 with no modifications and 24,000 kms (15,000 miles).

Due to the new glow-plug relay they also "programed PCM-TCM-FICM to Latest calibration first before test"

I asked the service clerk and she was unaware of the "flash" specifications and the diesel tech was not available.

I am wanting to purchase and SCT Tuner and understand that I need to know the "code" for the appropriate program to be loaded to the tuner before I get it.

How do I get the code out of the truck now?

There is no "buzzing" after shut down so I am assuming that this is the new "Ford" application and not the original from Navistar that had the 'buzzing'.

Thanks for the information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 02:39 AM

Hi,

In order to determine what code you are now you would need to pull your strategy. Whoever you purchase the SCT from can send you a blank Xcal2 or Livewire. You would pull your strategy with it, give the strategy to your tuner, who in turn can send you tunes via email.

We have a customer who pulled his strategy with an old Superchips tuner. It's great to be able to plug and play but downloading the tunes after you get the SCT takes just a few minutes.

Thanks,
Vivian
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 11:08 AM

If you have a friend with an SCT Xcal2/Livewire, Superchips Flashpaq, Bully Dog Triple Dog, or Diablosport Predator, they will all pull your strategy.

But like Vivian said, it's easier to just have your dealer send you an XCal2 or Livewire and then read the strategy yourself. The dealer can then send you the programs to install. It's a very simple process.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 12:26 PM

I just bought a SCT. It came to me blank. I took the blank SCT, plugged it in to the truck and read the strategy. Then I got on the phone with the dealer I bought it from (Elite Diesel). Told him the code and the Tunes I wanted. He then emailed me the tunes. I installed the software on to my laptop and used that software to load the tunes on to the tuner. Then tuned the truck.

2006 XLT 6.0, 72,000 miles. First owner. Build date 10/05, CC,LB,3.73LS,SRW,ISSPRO Pyro-Boost-Trans on the APillar,ARP Studs,Stock HG's,ELITE SCT Tadd's Tunes,Sinister SCT,Innovative tunes,EGR delete,4" turbo back dual exhst, zoodad, ccv mod, Coolant bypass filter, Cage leveling kit,upfitter high idle, running Amsoil 3000 with Archoil, 6.4 banjo's, Blue spring, 03 Turbo w/ 03 pedestal.
Issues: Rear main seal at 1'700 mls. EGR valve, EGR cooler and Oil cooler @ about 43k, Stock Head Gaskets @55k, Black Onyx HG's @72k.
https://www.thedieselgarage.com/galle...028_393362.jpg

Sean H
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Thanks guys.

I do have a freind who sells the Diablosport Predator (actually tried it in my truck) so I could likely ask him to read the strategy.

I steered away from the Diablosport due to reviews and comments from this site however, no one in Canada works/touches the SCT tuner. I am not sure why but that is what I have been able to find out.

Either way, if it is all able to be done via e-mail and basic computer works (I am basic literate with a computer and do have a lap-top) sounds like I could order the tuner from the US, read the strategy, then get the tunes sent via e-mail. Is that correct?

I would be looking for someone with some paitience though just in case I have some questions.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 03:58 PM

You're better off with the SCT. If you can get the strategy ahead of time, it would basically be plug and play.

If not, no big deal. We do it every day.

Thanks.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Thanks. I will contact you re. the order particulars to western Canada.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 09:40 PM

I got a blank XCAl2 from Eric. Read the strategy. Well me, not being the brightest bulb in the pack sent it back to Eric without writing the strategy down. Eric sent it back to me. I read the strategy a second time, and wrote the numbers down this time. Sent the unit back to Eric, and emailed him the nimbers. 2 days later I have a programmed XCal2. I owe Eric a couple of cold ones for the customer service, but he owes me for 2 BFG MT's. That Extreme Street tune fries the tireslike nobodies business. God I love that tune. I haven't tried the Extreme Race tune yet. Keith

U. S. Navy Seabee Veteran.

We build, we fight , we drink more beer.

When you are up to your butt in alligators it is heard to remember the reason you are here is to drain the darn swamp.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06kma
Thanks guys.

I do have a freind who sells the Diablosport Predator (actually tried it in my truck) so I could likely ask him to read the strategy.

I steered away from the Diablosport due to reviews and comments from this site however, no one in Canada works/touches the SCT tuner. I am not sure why but that is what I have been able to find out.

Either way, if it is all able to be done via e-mail and basic computer works (I am basic literate with a computer and do have a lap-top) sounds like I could order the tuner from the US, read the strategy, then get the tunes sent via e-mail. Is that correct?

I would be looking for someone with some paitience though just in case I have some questions.

Good choice on the Diablo. Go with the SCT. You are correct. You don't need to send the Blank SCT back to the dealer you got it from. Innovative is right. If you can get the strategy before you buy the SCT you can tell the dealer (Innovative) and have them help you with what tunes you want. All of our vendors are patient with us. They are all great people. Don't be afraid to ask questions, there aren't any stupid questions. Any way, if you can't pull the strategy before you order the tuner no big deal. You'll just have to do a little PC work (not hard) when you get the emailed tunes.

2006 XLT 6.0, 72,000 miles. First owner. Build date 10/05, CC,LB,3.73LS,SRW,ISSPRO Pyro-Boost-Trans on the APillar,ARP Studs,Stock HG's,ELITE SCT Tadd's Tunes,Sinister SCT,Innovative tunes,EGR delete,4" turbo back dual exhst, zoodad, ccv mod, Coolant bypass filter, Cage leveling kit,upfitter high idle, running Amsoil 3000 with Archoil, 6.4 banjo's, Blue spring, 03 Turbo w/ 03 pedestal.
Issues: Rear main seal at 1'700 mls. EGR valve, EGR cooler and Oil cooler @ about 43k, Stock Head Gaskets @55k, Black Onyx HG's @72k.
https://www.thedieselgarage.com/galle...028_393362.jpg

Sean H

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode