Xcal2 - canned vs custom tunes? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by tdmr1195, this thread has received 1 replies and been viewed 683 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 02:14 AM Thread Starter

Xcal2 - canned vs custom tunes?

I just got my Xcal2 back - had to get it reformatted by SCT (cause I didnt return my F150 gasser back to stock when I traded it in...a lesson learned:Insane: ) and it is loaded with the 'canned' tunes (econo/tow, street, performance)...I was wondering how much of a difference the custom tunes make...I like the canned tunes and they seem strong - I dont drag race or pull big loads so I am wondering if I want to drop even more $ for the custom tunes - I have spent a lot of $ on this Xcal2 so far (initial puchase for the gasser, and the reformat and tunes for the diesel)

any advice would be greatly appreciated...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 02:30 AM

I have always run custom tunes. I like them becasue if there is something you do not like, you can get it changed. But, if you are happy with the canned tunes, I would say run those for a while until you want to play a little more. You can also just buy them one at a time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode