BTS transmission - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by powerstroke6.0, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 852 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

BTS transmission

Ok I have heard tat Brian's transmissions are some of the very best out there. Brian as in Brians Truck Shop. I think they are located in Arkansas...not positive though. I called them today to inquire about a tranny for my 2005 6.0L they told me that they were not done testing these units to sell them to the public and that it may be another month or more before it is ready. They also said there were some people running these tranny's to test them them out for Brian. So my question is if anyone out there might be running a test trans for Brian or if anyone might know anything about these tranny's? I have heard from a lot of people that this would be the way to go for a tranny. Just wondering what everyone's 2 cents might be?

2005 Ford F-350 RC LB MODS: Intake, 4" exhaust w/5" tip, SCT Xcal2, ISSPRO gauges, rebuilt trans
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 12:48 AM

as i recall they said it would be ready soon about a year and a half ago!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 01:53 AM
SLAPS President

Garage
As is typical of Brian, he will not release a product until he is sure it will meet the standards his reputation demands. I have spoken to him on three different occasions about his 5R110 and am confident that when it does come to market, it will be a high quality tranny just as his 4R100 and E4OD's are. As an old corporal I had once said, "Patience is a worthy virtue."

2003 Toreador Red/Arizona Beige CC, DRW, Lariat, FX4, 6.0 PSD, Torqshift, born early Feb. 03; Silverline turbo-back dual exhaust; 155's from Full Force Diesel (Casserly); Di-Pricol gauges; ARP studs; Dfuser regulated return; AFE PG7;Tunes by Tony Wildman & IDP; B&W hitch; DIESELSITE Coolant filter; a whole bunch of "bling"; Connex 4300hp; Pioneer DEH6100BT radio; JL Audio 275w amp w/ 12" sub; Alpine door and rear seat speakers. pics
Dually club member #76

SLAPS President and Webmaster

If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen. - quote by Samuel Adams

Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

That was my exact thoughts when she said he was waiting to release it. That it would be a perfect package once complete. He wouldn't put his name on it if he was unsure of its capabilities. I would be the same way if I were in his position. Just hope it makes it out before pulling season so I don't have to break down and buy a suncoast. Not bad mouthing the suncoast at all and in fact suncoast was my first choise until someone pointed me in Brians direction. So if he doesn't get his completed I will end up with a suncoast.

2005 Ford F-350 RC LB MODS: Intake, 4" exhaust w/5" tip, SCT Xcal2, ISSPRO gauges, rebuilt trans
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2007, 07:15 PM
Addicted Mechanic

Send a message via AIM to CLR95
I was down there last Feb. and he said he was still testing so yea hes workin hard at it. 5R is a completely different beast compared to the 4R and E4OD. Heres another guy you can contact about them, hes buildin 5R's John Wood http://jwtt.com/... they all have there pros and cons I think just a matter of tuning most of the time in my opinion:shrug: And theres always a way to push the mechanical ability of a stock trans thats for sure.

- C.R.

Ford Diesel Tech/Junkie

OLD95 F250 XLT Reg Cab 4x4 7.3 Hand Shaker
NEW04 F250 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4 6.0 Auto Mods XCAL 2, Custom Exhaust exiting in front of rear tire, 3 pillar pod with Isspro Gauges

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode