Another SCT question - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by lbdodge24v, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 482 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 01:36 AM Thread Starter

Talking Another SCT question

Ok on the SCT Programmers. Are they on the fly? Can they be changed while driving or only when stopped somewhere? also which one is the best. The guys that are looking at them here don't have guages and all. So would they be better off to go with the livewire or another SCT?? Just curious I am learning the Ford world with these guys with these chips/programmers.:

02 Dodge Ram CTD, 6 spd., HMR Street Drag Clutch, Raptor 150, Edge Drag Comp, Smarty, Injectors, aFe air intake, 2 in leveling kit, 4 in exhaust, and 3 guages-Fuel Pressure, Boost, and EGT's.

The Toy a Jummins!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 01:45 AM

The SCT is not on the fly. There is the SCT SF or the SCT excalibraterII. The SCT SF just has three generic programs where as the excalibrater has three custom programs set for the mods that you have done to your truck. You download a file into the trucks PCM just like anyother programmer. The SCT will only hold three programs. Most have gauges some do not. I have a pyrometer, boost and tranny temp gauge. My tunes are from innovative diesel. I have the street, X-street, and X-race tunes custom programmed for the mods that i have. With the X-race tune installed i've seen temps near 1400 already.

2004 F-350 XLT SC 4x4: SCT, AFE stage II, autometer gauges(pyro, boost, tranny, fuel), edge insight, CFM large mouth intake elbow, spearco, snow performance water injection, 5" stacks, ARP's, fluidampr, hypermax fire rings, LIPD regulated return, FASS, fuelab, casserly 190's, 64/71/70 turbo(polished compressor housing)modded FICM(ID), Hellmann's sump, electirc fans
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 01:57 AM

If it were my truck i would install gauges. There's quite a bit of wiring when installing 3 or 4 gauges. Now that the livewire is out i would probably purchase it if were in your buddy's shoes. That's if they don't feel like running all those wires. The livewire is basically an SCT device with who's ever programs you purchase with Built in gauges. :Thumbup:

2004 F-350 XLT SC 4x4: SCT, AFE stage II, autometer gauges(pyro, boost, tranny, fuel), edge insight, CFM large mouth intake elbow, spearco, snow performance water injection, 5" stacks, ARP's, fluidampr, hypermax fire rings, LIPD regulated return, FASS, fuelab, casserly 190's, 64/71/70 turbo(polished compressor housing)modded FICM(ID), Hellmann's sump, electirc fans
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-16-2007, 02:04 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Well that was the other thing i was going to ask, I wasn't sure if the SCT had the gauges like the Edge Juice does. No where that i have looked was very clear on what all the Livewire would display and tell. Thanks for the info so far. This will help me and them out alot!!:Thumbup:

02 Dodge Ram CTD, 6 spd., HMR Street Drag Clutch, Raptor 150, Edge Drag Comp, Smarty, Injectors, aFe air intake, 2 in leveling kit, 4 in exhaust, and 3 guages-Fuel Pressure, Boost, and EGT's.

The Toy a Jummins!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode