cfm+ largemouth kit - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by sjladd6_0L, this thread has received 19 replies and been viewed 1582 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 02:14 AM Thread Starter

cfm+ largemouth kit

Just got done installing a cfm large mouth intake kit on my 04, 10:06pm. The kit was straight forward to install, i ran the truck for a while and everything seems to be running right. Now i have a question for you all, to install the large mouth kit i had to take off the egr setup that sits under the intake. Should i still do the entire egr delete kit, or run what i have now? any suggestions would be great. I will try to post some pics later this weekend.!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 02:18 AM
SLAPS President

Garage
EGR setup under the intake?? You sure you aren't talking about the throttle body (which 04's are the only ones to have had)?? And if you are, then yeah, you should still do the EGR delete...

2003 Toreador Red/Arizona Beige CC, DRW, Lariat, FX4, 6.0 PSD, Torqshift, born early Feb. 03; Silverline turbo-back dual exhaust; 155's from Full Force Diesel (Casserly); Di-Pricol gauges; ARP studs; Dfuser regulated return; AFE PG7;Tunes by Tony Wildman & IDP; B&W hitch; DIESELSITE Coolant filter; a whole bunch of "bling"; Connex 4300hp; Pioneer DEH6100BT radio; JL Audio 275w amp w/ 12" sub; Alpine door and rear seat speakers. pics
Dually club member #76

SLAPS President and Webmaster

If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen. - quote by Samuel Adams

Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end
The Following User Says Thank You to teamroper60 For this addition to TDG:
sjladd6_0L (06-07-2009)
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2009, 02:45 AM
I can count to Potatoe

yeah if you have an 03 or 04 you have a throttle body which never did anything to being with, i guess the plan was to have the parts there and implement it in future generations but was later removed, you will still need to do an EGR delete, which is the long 2x2 like pipe on the passanger side under the intake manifold!
The Following User Says Thank You to dayusex For this addition to TDG:
sjladd6_0L (06-07-2009)
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 06:38 AM
Lurking

Nice job.... do you have any pic's?
I need to do a intake elbow,just don't know which one...

-Sean-

04, crewcab 6.0 superduty fx4 sport, DR10.5 lift,22" rims,40" TOYO'S,black on black,AFE II si intake,MBRP 4" exhaust, no cat,no muff,ORU traction bars,ORU hydro assist,4.56 gears,ARB rear locker,power locker up front for snow driving,MAG HY-TEC diff and trans covers,velvet ride shackles,SCT by innovative ,GROVER train horns with 1/2" line's ,7 gallon onboard air set up with quick connect,AUTOMETER gauge's,McCulloch HID's 6000K,ARP studs,coolant filter....
EGR delete and Trusted performance oil/fuel delete,crossover fuel lines with fixed orifice,spearco intercooler,banks cac tubes,cfm big mouth and Airdog II,with custom ss braided kevlar hose from tank to heads....
FICM 58 volts from SWAMPS,moderate flash by ID....

built by diezel, (except gears by chris at ORU)

Riding High Club #33
Singles Club #239
Ridin' Dirty Club #48
American Club #37
Bomb Squad #36

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 01:49 PM
I can count to Potatoe

i would go with the largemouth, mostly becuase you get 3 ports, a new pipe, and 2 new boots that are WAAAAy better than OEM quality. I never thought I would need three ports, becuase I just wanted a boost gage but now that im thinking abotu doing nitrous im very happy!
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Lurking

Sounds good...and Nitros is always fun
Did you throw a code after removing the butterfly valve?
Mines an 04 also....

-Sean-

04, crewcab 6.0 superduty fx4 sport, DR10.5 lift,22" rims,40" TOYO'S,black on black,AFE II si intake,MBRP 4" exhaust, no cat,no muff,ORU traction bars,ORU hydro assist,4.56 gears,ARB rear locker,power locker up front for snow driving,MAG HY-TEC diff and trans covers,velvet ride shackles,SCT by innovative ,GROVER train horns with 1/2" line's ,7 gallon onboard air set up with quick connect,AUTOMETER gauge's,McCulloch HID's 6000K,ARP studs,coolant filter....
EGR delete and Trusted performance oil/fuel delete,crossover fuel lines with fixed orifice,spearco intercooler,banks cac tubes,cfm big mouth and Airdog II,with custom ss braided kevlar hose from tank to heads....
FICM 58 volts from SWAMPS,moderate flash by ID....

built by diezel, (except gears by chris at ORU)

Riding High Club #33
Singles Club #239
Ridin' Dirty Club #48
American Club #37
Bomb Squad #36

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 06:27 PM
I can count to Potatoe

i didnt throw a code and i have an 03, you should be in the clear!
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 01:24 PM

I have the cfm+ large mouth kit and have been running it for a while now. Deleting the throttle body plate will not throw a CEL...you'll be fine.

2004 F-350 XLT SC 4x4: SCT, AFE stage II, autometer gauges(pyro, boost, tranny, fuel), edge insight, CFM large mouth intake elbow, spearco, snow performance water injection, 5" stacks, ARP's, fluidampr, hypermax fire rings, LIPD regulated return, FASS, fuelab, casserly 190's, 64/71/70 turbo(polished compressor housing)modded FICM(ID), Hellmann's sump, electirc fans
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

i was have asleep when i wrote that- i took the throttle body off. So now the plan is an egr delet. Any kit out there that would be the best buy?.......................pics coming soon!!
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 08:58 PM
I Wanna Go Fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjladd6_0L View Post
i was have asleep when i wrote that- i took the throttle body off. So now the plan is an egr delet. Any kit out there that would be the best buy?.......................pics coming soon!!
i like the kit from RCD but dfuser sells some to

Just another 6leaker Thanks to RCD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzVhcfZN3jw

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode