No start question - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Salty Ducks, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 499 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

No start question

Seems like some knowledgable folks on here, so thought I would ask for some advice on a no start issue with my truck. First off, I have a 2006 6.0L with 45K. I bought the truck used with about 38K on it.

I have had a no start when hot condition with this truck 3 times. Let it cool off for a couple hours and she fires right up. The dealer has had the truck and replaced the ICP sensor. Since then I have had the no start again - so that wasn't the fix. It also seems like it has a very long crank when warm, but fine when cold. All the research I have done points to a leak in the HPOP. I have explained this to the dealer, unfortunately we haven't been able to get the truck to exhibit the no start condition at the dealer recently. They claim that they can't touch the truck until they get it to mess up. So the more I think about it, the more I think the truck has to really be hot for a no-start to occur. Idling and just driving around at 35mph isn't going to do it. This dealership is in a small town though, so I can't drive the truck at 65mph and pull right in the dealer and try to restart it. Does anyone on here know just how much high idle it will take to raise the oil temp enough to possibly cause a no-start?

This is frustrating and unacceptable to me. I've got to get this fixed or it's going to leave me again.

Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Sorry folks - wrong forum.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 02:15 AM
Haulin' Hay

Sounds like a HPOP to me as well. I'm sure others will be able to chime in.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 02:39 AM
I Wanna Go Fast!

deffinately a hpop leak of some sort. Have them check the injection pressure with there scanner and go drive it. my guess it will not make what is desired. and if it does its a small small leak causing the hit and miss issues.

Just another 6leaker Thanks to RCD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzVhcfZN3jw

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode