Time for upgrades - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by awhotrods, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 916 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 04:45 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Time for upgrades

Just bought a 03 6.0 PSD & already need to mess with it! It came with the Edge Juice with Attitude, 4" turbo back, straight piped, & a AFE stage 1 intake. I'm thinking its time to sell the Edge & go with a SCT type tuner. There are several different versions, I was thinking of the X3 from Innovative with a set of A-pillar gauges. I just installed the RCD egr delete, great parts! Also thinking of getting rid of the factory elbow, throttle boddy, etc & go with a CFM largemouth setup. Am I on the right track here?

03 F350 4x4 6.0 PSD
SCT X3 with Eric's Xtreme Street Tune
RCD EGR DELETE
RCD 155's
4" TURBO BACK STRAIGHT PIPED
DIESEL SITE COOLANT FILTER
ACCUFAB 05 ELBOW
STATOR REMOVED (NO ISSUES)
ZOODAD MOD
ISSPRO TRIPLE GAUGES
05 HARLEY FRONT END
08 REAR CONVERSION
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 05:38 AM
********* and Mafia #90

Thanked 1,333 Times in 985 Posts
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Bcarriveau Send a message via Yahoo to Bcarriveau
nope, your on the right track.. save them pennies for studs and hgs down the road

Bill Carriveau OFFICIAL POO HAULER

ARP studs, sct, Leveling kit,Airdog set at 62psi with no factory pump, leveling kit,5" stacks, under cab lights, Large in the way Fan shroud Removed, bed Lights being Re-did. Large Alternator(250amps)(130 amps was so 2003). On 3rd set of Hgs(soon to be 4th), 2nd set of heads, 2nd tubro, egr cooler, FICM and more. When i Turn the Key it does return a Favor, not always in MY Favor.
Da Rules..Here
http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/q...g?t=1249694332
Windows 7 Takes the WIN!
Windows 8 might take that Win
http://www.bcarriveau.com/
Dear Tequila:
We had a deal. You were supposed to make me sexier, smarter and a better dancer. But I saw the video. And I think we need to talk..

How you name your Thread is Important. Read Here

The TDG TOTQ

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 11:00 PM
I Wanna Go Fast!

i personally wouldnt buy the cfm intake kit they are just cheap if you ask me i would eiter just buy a 05 and up elbow that will get rid of the throttle plate or get a banks high ram kit but they are expensive...other than that look like your headed down the rite road

Just another 6leaker Thanks to RCD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzVhcfZN3jw
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 11:44 PM
I Wanna Go Fast!

On edit i just looked and the cfm's arent cheap by any means but i have heard of several people having problems blowing the boots off of them

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
I want to get rid of the factory elbow/throttle body, so the banks elbow is pretty good? I haven't heard alot of positive things about banks.. I only want to buy it once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentos View Post
On edit i just looked and the cfm's arent cheap by any means but i have heard of several people having problems blowing the boots off of them

03 F350 4x4 6.0 PSD
SCT X3 with Eric's Xtreme Street Tune
RCD EGR DELETE
RCD 155's
4" TURBO BACK STRAIGHT PIPED
DIESEL SITE COOLANT FILTER
ACCUFAB 05 ELBOW
STATOR REMOVED (NO ISSUES)
ZOODAD MOD
ISSPRO TRIPLE GAUGES
05 HARLEY FRONT END
08 REAR CONVERSION
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 08:55 PM
SLAPS President

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by awhotrods View Post
I want to get rid of the factory elbow/throttle body, so the banks elbow is pretty good? I haven't heard alot of positive things about banks.. I only want to buy it once!
The throttle body on your 03 may well not have a plate in it (mine didn't). If it does not, the body itself will be essentially a hollow spacer between the elbow and the intake manifold. Here is a couple of pics of what mine looked like:

It will have the wiring harness regardless of whether it has the plate or not. I changed my elbow out for an 05 model that had been given to me. If I would've had to pay for an elbow, I would still have the factory one on it as I have not noticed any changes whatsoever. I highly doubt any of them are going to make a significant change for you unless you are pumping a bunch of hp or change out the IC/tubes for something larger....

But, it is your money.....

2003 Toreador Red/Arizona Beige CC, DRW, Lariat, FX4, 6.0 PSD, Torqshift, born early Feb. 03; Silverline turbo-back dual exhaust; 155's from Full Force Diesel (Casserly); Di-Pricol gauges; ARP studs; Dfuser regulated return; AFE PG7;Tunes by Tony Wildman & IDP; B&W hitch; DIESELSITE Coolant filter; a whole bunch of "bling"; Connex 4300hp; Pioneer DEH6100BT radio; JL Audio 275w amp w/ 12" sub; Alpine door and rear seat speakers. pics
Dually club member #76

SLAPS President and Webmaster

If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen. - quote by Samuel Adams

Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end

Last edited by teamroper60; 08-20-2009 at 08:58 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 10:22 PM
I Wanna Go Fast!

the banks hardware parts are good but software sucks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode