new to the fourm - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by strokin it up, this thread has received 12 replies and been viewed 1075 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

new to the fourm

yeah i was just wondering if you guys could give me some advice. So i have an 03' regular cab 6.0 with a 6 speed which i currently have a hypertec on. Well i was thinking of selling the hypertech and getting a sct livewire. My question is are sct's preloaded tunes any good? I dont really need any custom tuning and, will i experience any problems? The truck has 62,000 miles on it and never been in for waranty work once. would appreciate any advice thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 12:14 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokin it up View Post
yeah i was just wondering if you guys could give me some advice. So i have an 03' regular cab 6.0 with a 6 speed which i currently have a hypertec on. Well i was thinking of selling the hypertech and getting a sct livewire. My question is are sct's preloaded tunes any good? I dont really need any custom tuning and, will i experience any problems? The truck has 62,000 miles on it and never been in for waranty work once. would appreciate any advice thanx
I use to run the hypertec adjustable on the fly a long time ago, the canned tunes on the sct are way better on power than hypertec. As far as running into any problems, there are no guarantee that you won't have mechanical issues with your truck even in stock form

Edit to TDG!!

It's recommended that an exhaust and gauges be put on also,which the I believe the the livewire has.Take some time and use the search on this site to read up on the 6.0!
also the hypertec don't control the tranny and can possibly mess it up.

2004 F350 CC DRW King Ranch
X-3 tunes by DJ,QT,GH,ID,Gyphon FICM tuner,head studs,II Stage 1turbo,ATS coolant recirc lines,Swamp's 48v ficm,coolant filter,Snow Perf stage II,EGR delete,AD2,4" turbo back straight pipe,K&N intake,Quad "A" pillar autometer gauges,Suncoast Tri Disk Conv.,Billet input shaft,Suncoast superduty rebuild kit,Trans-go shift kit,Mag-Hytec trans pan,CFM+ elbow,ccv mod,15K reese 5er,17" LCD TV/DVD,Cobra 29 Nitewatch CB
Thanks to:JASONS REPAIR AND PERFORMANCE-TELFORD,PA.

"Are diesel pickups hot rods? Yes,they are-perhaps the most versatile hot rods ever made"---Diesel Power Magazine
The Following User Says Thank You to lilpooh For this addition to TDG:
strokin it up (09-20-2009)
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 04:05 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

i like the power of the hypertech it just makes my engine really choppy on the extreme setting when letting out on the clutch and i also want to monitor more things than my pillar guages show. will and sct work with a manual tranny?

03 F-350 srw 6.0l 6speed Reg. cab straight pipe 5'' aero turbine tip, hypertech inline tuning module, autometer nv series pillar guages boost pyro. and trans temperature. Recon line of fire and l.e.d cab lights. Rough country leveling kit
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 04:14 AM
TDG MAFIA

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to harleystroker
yes it will work with a manual tranny. I you would please fill out your sig so people can see some of the things done to your truck and help you out a little better. As far as monitoring go's you said you have gauges what do you have? The live wire can monitor some.

TDG MAFIA

04 Harley F250 c/c s/b: 06 headlights, 3'' rough county lift, Eagle 20's, 35'' tarragrapplers, 4'' turbo back magnaflow with cat/muffler delete, 6000k HID's, Recon line of fire/ mirror lights/3rd brake/&Tales,Studs/gaskets,Tuned SCT X3,STL strobe kit, Icon shocks,Dfuser Egr/ Egr cooler delete, 03 turbo
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q...04/sq_com4.gif
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 04:39 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

i have guages for my boost egts and trans temp. I know that the trans temp really isnt necessary but i already had the gauges which i had intended to put in my old obs powerstroke but i sold it and the gauges were paid for so i put them in. Im mostly just of my truck being so choppy everytime i let out on the clutch and a little more power never hurt anyone do you think the livewire would be a good switch?

03 F-350 srw 6.0l 6speed Reg. cab straight pipe 5'' aero turbine tip, hypertech inline tuning module, autometer nv series pillar guages boost pyro. and trans temperature. Recon line of fire and l.e.d cab lights. Rough country leveling kit
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 12:28 PM

Garage
How many miles on clutch?

X-3 tunes by DJ,QT,GH,ID,Gyphon FICM tuner,head studs,II Stage 1turbo,ATS coolant recirc lines,Swamp's 48v ficm,coolant filter,Snow Perf stage II,EGR delete,AD2,4" turbo back straight pipe,K&N intake,Quad "A" pillar autometer gauges,Suncoast Tri Disk Conv.,Billet input shaft,Suncoast superduty rebuild kit,Trans-go shift kit,Mag-Hytec trans pan,CFM+ elbow,ccv mod,15K reese 5er,17" LCD TV/DVD,Cobra 29 Nitewatch CB

"Are diesel pickups hot rods? Yes,they are-perhaps the most versatile hot rods ever made"---Diesel Power Magazine
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 12:31 PM

Garage
Honestly the SCT is the greatest tuner for the money, they know what they are doing with powerstroke tuning and are very helpful if you need something. as far as livewire i dont have that i just have programmer, basically same thing, just dont have the gauge monitors.

2004 F-350 CC LB King Ranch. Under the Hood SCT w/Innovative street tunes by Eric, Hot FICM tuned by Power Hungary, custom built 4" intake with huge afe filter, Intake elbow, 3"down pipe to 5" straight piped stack, EGR block off, Zoodad Mod, CCV mod, Complete EGR delete, The Big 3 cable upgrade w/ batts under cab, Autometer pillar guages, Boost, Trans, EGT. APR studs sitting in box ready for install
Suspension 2.5inch leveling kit. Stock King Ranch 18" rims with 33inch Nitto A/T.
Truck is now pushing 134K miles an running strong.
The Following User Says Thank You to International350 For this addition to TDG:
strokin it up (09-20-2009)
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

it has the original clutch yet and it's never slipped yet and one more thing how much boost should i be seeing? Sometimes at WOT I can get my boost guage to go past 35 is that bad?

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 05:37 PM

Garage
I don't think a sct will help with the choppy clutch, it might make it worse with the added power.as far a the boost 25-35 in the norm, depends a what you have done and what flash you have in your truck.

Hopefully another member will chim in about your choppy clutch issue, might be glazed over.

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 01:59 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh View Post
I don't think a sct will help with the choppy clutch, it might make it worse with the added power.as far a the boost 25-35 in the norm, depends a what you have done and what flash you have in your truck.

Hopefully another member will chim in about your choppy clutch issue, might be glazed over.
Idk if its an issue with the clutch or just the way the tuner makes the truck run. When i let out it will shoot out puffs of black smoke which is always cool but it makes the motor like lope. And its hard to get a real staright answer becuase there isnt many 6.0s with 6speeds but i appreciate all the help i can get

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode