The Diesel Garage banner

Custom Tuning

2K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  International350 
#1 ·
Whose got the best custom tuning for a stock automatic trans. have the sct whose custom tunes are the best for the trans

#2 ·
I don't have a trans only tune, but if they are like any of the custom tunes, the same tune in my truck may respond diffrent in someone elses truck. To many variables- gear ratio, tire size, weight, ect. Imo contact several vendors and tell them your mods and what you plan on doing with it- stock, banks tunes, edge, if your gone to tow and how much tow weight.

#3 ·
From everyone i hear Innovative Diesel does better to the best with their trans tuning in their custom tunes, your SCT alone if you set it all right should do your trans really well

#4 ·
i have only used tunes for two companies. first was spartan diesel tech and they stopped tuning SCT's and now have there own tuner/dashdaq. now i run innovative diesel xstreet tune and really like it (especially the trans shifting compared to the hybrid race). have not had any reason to changes tunes back to the spartan tunes i had. i may try my spartan custom economy tune again or the ASE and see if i can get any better mileage.

#5 ·
well i have the extreme Street tune From Innovative and i have had it on for like 2 or 3 months the truck has 120000 on it and my trans is slipin real bad and it holds each gear out to like almost 4 grand just seeing if there was one that might be a little easier so im not buyin a trans right away

Thanks

#6 ·
Three Innovative Custom Programs for your vehicle. Custom programs include: Xtreme Street or Xtreme Race, Street, Tow, or Economy. Options available are: Aggressive Tow/Haul Mode, Turbo/Exhaust Braking, Firm Shifts, Continuous Convertor Lock when decelerating, Convertor Lock in 2nd gear up. Not legal for use on pollution controlled vehicles or in the state of California. For racing and off-road use only.

I bolded the one's that aren't aggressive, did you feel the tranny slipping before you put the tune on?

#11 ·
parts arn't cheap for these diesels,and it depends on what your plans are for it-towing, racing,week-end worrior.
If money is an issue find a used one with low mileage and reputable seller,Imo I would have the trans checked out by a shop first to see the extent of your tranny, It might just need a flush,filters. Or it might be toast.

#12 ·
Its a work truck all lettered up its mainly used for towing really dont beat on it thats why i dont know why its starting to shirt so hard and its not like it has gotten worse it just started doing it one day and my personal truck that i beat on with the exact same stuff done to it shifts perfect

#15 ·
Ted from innovative has told me not to tow my 8000# camper with the xtream street file, but was safe to tow that weight with thier regular street file.
Towing that much wieght most likely put a hurt'n on your tranny, too much power to the tranny while towing. It's recommended to tow with a tow file and use aftermarket gauges. You most likely damaged the tranny towing with the x-street and that much weight all the time.
I did use the x-street to tow the camper one time 15 miles and I could tell the tranny was not happy.

#16 ·
Maybe try to reset the system by taking tuner off and putting it back on with just SCT tunes see if trans clears up. Also make sure that your tire rev per mile is set right, if you go by factory numbers for that it will hold in gear longer or shorter. Some one wrote something up about that. Just my thoughts before spending that cash for new trans.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.