Upgrading from Triple Dog to SCT questions? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by wfosprinter, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 1016 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 01:22 AM Thread Starter

Upgrading from Triple Dog to SCT questions?

Okay, I after reading all the posts, I am ready to make the call to Eric @ Innovative and get a SCT X3 with the 3 custom tunes. It is my daily driver and I pull a 10,000 pound Sprint Car Trailer on the weekends... I have an AirRaid intake and Banks Monster exhaust without Cat. With the bullydog I have been towing on Performance and Daily using Extreme Setting. Mainly I am looking for the better trans shifting and More Power- less smoke!
I have no studs, no puking, no problems! Yet!!!
Here are the tunes I'm thinking about.
Aggressive Tow w- Brake
Xtreme Street
Xtreme Race

What do you guys think of these tunes?
Does anyone know the added power levels for these tunes?
Can I still use my Outlook Monitor to keep an eye on the Egts?
Thanks, Eddie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 02:03 AM
Let's Drill!!!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfosprinter View Post
Okay, I after reading all the posts, I am ready to make the call to Eric @ Innovative and get a SCT X3 with the 3 custom tunes. It is my daily driver and I pull a 10,000 pound Sprint Car Trailer on the weekends... I have an AirRaid intake and Banks Monster exhaust without Cat. With the bullydog I have been towing on Performance and Daily using Extreme Setting. Mainly I am looking for the better trans shifting and More Power- less smoke!
I have no studs, no puking, no problems! Yet!!!
Here are the tunes I'm thinking about.
Aggressive Tow w- Brake
Xtreme Street
Xtreme Race

What do you guys think of these tunes?
Does anyone know the added power levels for these tunes?
Can I still use my Outlook Monitor to keep an eye on the Egts?
Thanks, Eddie
I have a Tow, Extreme Street, And an Extreme Race. Have not ran the Extreme Race or Tow yet. The Extreme Street is awesome. Posta be like 420 hp I think. It i nice. I had the Edge before. Right now I am using my Edge Monitor for gauges but I have gauges at the house ready to be put in when I get home. I am extremely pleased with my tunes from Eric. Will most definetly goin back for more when the time comes.

2007 F250 FX4 Outlaw Edition
4.5 Tuff Country lift and 35" SS M-16's
4" Turbo Back
AFE STG 2
Coolant Filter
SCT X3 Tuned by Innovative.
6" Black Chrome Aussies and custom stack cover fabbed. One clean install by Powerstroke Magic!!!
ARP Head Studs, EGR plugged.
FabTech Ladder Bars
Auto Meter Cobalt(Fuel, Boost, Pyro, Trans)
Train Horns
Thanks to Powerstroke Magic for the great service and top notch work!!

TEXAS CLUB #6
AMERICAN CLUB #45
RIDIN' DIRTY #61
B.O.M.B. #77
SINGLES CLUB #219
"Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis, Frater Infinitas"
"Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever"
United States Marines
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 03:42 AM
Just a college kid

Garage
I have ran both xtreme race and xtreme street and they are good tunes. I did NOT like the extreme street towing. IMO so i use DJs for towing. I like Dougs race tune because its more my driving style (FAST), more responsive, and a little more extreme but dont get me wrong Erics is just as fast.

Stolen and rebuilt- 2005 6.0 CC SB 4x4-SCT-ARP-Fass 95/150-O/D Alternator pully-GoGo intake manifold
Special thanks to Doug at GoGoDiesel
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 10:06 PM

I run the Aggressive Tow/brake(stg2) and it is great. I pull a combined wt of 28k lbs but I have studs. My everyday tune is Eric's Aggressive Street tune. This a really strong tune and is very easy to drive. The throttle is smooth and even with a good shift feel. The Extream Street tune is really hot. The first 1/4 throttle is smooth but when you get just past the 1/4 throttle it feels like you hit a 200hp Nitrus button. It will break the tires loose when you hit that spot but you have to keep an eye on the EGTs because they will climb fast. My AGREESIVE STREET is my favorite because I can jump on it and not have to worry to much about my EGTs. You still have to watch them because they will climb past 1300 degs but not as fast as my EXTREAM STREET does.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 02:09 AM
Dually Club #3

I would caution you against any tunes when towing. I towed my 10K trailer on the heavy tow tune from Spartan and blew my HG's. If you had studs then I would say OK. But from prior experience I just think you need to be careful. One option you have is to just use the SCT to tune your trans and add the exhaust brake option if you want.

Jason

06 F-350 4x4 CC LB Tow Boss Lariat 6.0l auto. Banks PowerPDA, Banks SpeedBrake, FICM Atlas 40 Tune, ARP Studs, PowerMax GT3788VA turbo, Homemade coolant filter, EGR valve delete spool, Monster Exhaust, K&N Cold air intake,Mishimoto Radiator,Husky mudflaps, Line-X bed liner, Recon lights, TUNED BY Innovative.
72 F-250 Gasser.FOR SALE

Tags
banks, bullydog, innovative, outlook, sct

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode