Just installed Innovative Street Firm, have a question - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Gdief, this thread has received 13 replies and been viewed 2007 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

Just installed Innovative Street Firm, have a question

I just installed the Street Firm from Eric at Innovative on my new X3.(I thought I'd start there) I found the power increase excellent, but the third gear shift will rattle your teeth. The other item I've noticed is when I come off of cruise it decelerates quite a bit. Almost feels like a jake, but not the dramatic. What will the Extreme Street give me?

I've put a email to Eric, but wanted to know from the guys who is running the tune. I think this tune may be the same as the Aggressive Street, but's that another question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 10:42 PM

Garage
Make sure you have your rev per mile set right, if set wrong it will throw off your shifts
https://www.thedieselgarage.com/forum...ad.php?t=72080

2004 F350 CC DRW King Ranch
X-3 tunes by DJ,QT,GH,ID,Gyphon FICM tuner,head studs,II Stage 1turbo,ATS coolant recirc lines,Swamp's 48v ficm,coolant filter,Snow Perf stage II,EGR delete,AD2,4" turbo back straight pipe,K&N intake,Quad "A" pillar autometer gauges,Suncoast Tri Disk Conv.,Billet input shaft,Suncoast superduty rebuild kit,Trans-go shift kit,Mag-Hytec trans pan,CFM+ elbow,ccv mod,15K reese 5er,17" LCD TV/DVD,Cobra 29 Nitewatch CB
Thanks to:JASONS REPAIR AND PERFORMANCE-TELFORD,PA.

"Are diesel pickups hot rods? Yes,they are-perhaps the most versatile hot rods ever made"---Diesel Power Magazine
The Following User Says Thank You to lilpooh For this addition to TDG:
Gdief (11-13-2009)
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 11:54 PM

never heard of the street firm tune. I've only had the street, agg.street, x-street, and x-race from eric.

2004 F-350 XLT SC 4x4: SCT, AFE stage II, autometer gauges(pyro, boost, tranny, fuel), edge insight, CFM large mouth intake elbow, spearco, snow performance water injection, 5" stacks, ARP's, fluidampr, hypermax fire rings, LIPD regulated return, FASS, fuelab, casserly 190's, 64/71/70 turbo(polished compressor housing)modded FICM(ID), Hellmann's sump, electirc fans
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Where do I find the Toyo tables? I have brand new Toyo 35,12.5,18 MT
I plan to use the old school first and check it against the tables(when I find it)
Now that I have a figure, how do I put this in the X3. I'm sorry, but this is all new to me. I was happy I got it plugged in and running without erasing everything. (step by step would be appreciated.)

BTW I drove the truck now for a total of 100 miles and the transmission has calmed down a bit on the shifting. It smoked yesterday upon start up for about 5 minutes. Holy cow scared the hell out of me. Never seen that much smoke before. Revved it up a bit and blew real black too. Is this normal with the tunes to do that. Neighbors not gonna be happy with me.

2007 Ford F350 FX4 Crew Cab long Bed, SCT X3, Innovative Tunes by Eric with Edge Insight and EGT. Magnaflow 4" Turbo back. EGR Cooler blocked off. RCD 2.5 Leveling lift kit, 35/12.5/18" Toyo MT. ARP Studs
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 02:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdief View Post
Where do I find the Toyo tables? I have brand new Toyo 35,12.5,18 MT
I plan to use the old school first and check it against the tables(when I find it)
Now that I have a figure, how do I put this in the X3. I'm sorry, but this is all new to me. I was happy I got it plugged in and running without erasing everything. (step by step would be appreciated.)

BTW I drove the truck now for a total of 100 miles and the transmission has calmed down a bit on the shifting. It smoked yesterday upon start up for about 5 minutes. Holy cow scared the hell out of me. Never seen that much smoke before. Revved it up a bit and blew real black too. Is this normal with the tunes to do that. Neighbors not gonna be happy with me.
My tune did the same thing. Like you already found out. Drive it and it will settle in and shift nice. Mine did/does.
The Following User Says Thank You to wastedwagesracing For this addition to TDG:
Gdief (11-13-2009)
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 04:11 PM

Garage
Quote:
Plug the X-3 into the OBD-II
1 select-program vehicle
2 select-install tune
3 select-custom
4 select-adjust options-yes
5 axle ratio-toggle up till you find your gear ratio- hit the select button to lock-in the desired ratio.
6 Now toggle right arrow and tire revs/miles will pop up--toggle up arrow till you find your rev/mile number, this will not be dead on, I round mine up. Always hit the select button to lock-in your selection.

As you keep toggling to the right other options will pop up

remove or set speed limiter--I remove the speed limit
rev limit--I leave it alone
Idle speed---I bump it up one setting
WOT shift points----I don't touch
shift pressure-----I don't touch

EDIT---- I also took a marker and wrote on the front of my X-3 the rev/mile number so I would not forget!

2004 F350 CC DRW King Ranch
X-3 tunes by DJ,QT,GH,ID,Gyphon FICM tuner,head studs,II Stage 1turbo,ATS coolant recirc lines,Swamp's 48v ficm,coolant filter,Snow Perf stage II,EGR delete,AD2,4" turbo back straight pipe,K&N intake,Quad "A" pillar autometer gauges,Suncoast Tri Disk Conv.,Billet input shaft,Suncoast superduty rebuild kit,Trans-go shift kit,Mag-Hytec trans pan,CFM+ elbow,ccv mod,15K reese 5er,17" LCD TV/DVD,Cobra 29 Nitewatch CB
Thanks to:JASONS REPAIR AND PERFORMANCE-TELFORD,PA.

"Are diesel pickups hot rods? Yes,they are-perhaps the most versatile hot rods ever made"---Diesel Power Magazine

Last edited by lilpooh; 11-13-2009 at 04:13 PM. Reason: forgot
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Tire Rev setup

Thank you very much for your info. I only have one further question (I hope) Can I assume that once the X3 is plugged in, do I turn the ignition ON or leave it off?

I came up with 106" on the tire rotation, so this equates to 597.7 I believe. Is this about right for a 35" tire.

2007 Ford F350 FX4 Crew Cab long Bed, SCT X3, Innovative Tunes by Eric with Edge Insight and EGT. Magnaflow 4" Turbo back. EGR Cooler blocked off. RCD 2.5 Leveling lift kit, 35/12.5/18" Toyo MT. ARP Studs
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 05:52 PM

Garage
Quote:
Thank you very much for your info. I only have one further question (I hope) Can I assume that once the X3 is plugged in, do I turn the ignition ON or leave it off?

I came up with 106" on the tire rotation, so this equates to 597.7 I believe. Is this about right for a 35" tire.
When you first plug in the X-3, do not turn the key on until the X-3 tells you to, also the instructions say to turn off and keep off anything that will draw power while the tunes are loading.
Read up on how to save your stock file to your PC, just in case you have issues and the X-3 loses your stock file, and also save all your tunes to a flash stick or disk just in case your PC takes a dump.

That is the correct numbers for your rev's/mile.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Ok, will do. I have already saved the stock file to the computer and the usb stick. Thanks again.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 02:33 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Strokin6L I found out what the Street Firm is. It is 30Hp and 80lbs tq less then the Aggressive Street. Not sure if that makes a big difference, but this things runs like a raped ape right now. I can't wait to plug in the Extreme Street.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode