SCT Touchscreen extreme? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Stroker230, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 1148 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
SCT Touchscreen extreme?

Has anyone used the new sct touchscreen? Is it any good? Im shopping around for a tune for my truck, and I was wondering if this is the one to get considering that sct seems to be most recomended by ford owners. This is my first tune, and my first diesel. I work construction and snow plow in the winter with my truck. Can anyone recommend something different for me and let me know if I shouldn't purchase the SCT touchscreen extreme. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 03:43 PM

Garage
Welcome to The Diesel Garage! Everyone has there own preferance, the SCT Livewire (touchscreen) will have gauge readings built into it. So no need to buy gauges. The only issue I can forsee is if left in the truck people can see the unit and be tempted to steal it and I'm not sure how they hold up to extream hot weather with the windows rolled up. I prefer the old school pillar gauges. Even with the screen turned up on the brightess setting,not sure if your gonna see it if mounted on top of the dash with the sun beating down on it. It's just a matter of preferance, to each thier own!

2004 F350 CC DRW King Ranch
X-3 tunes by DJ,QT,GH,ID,Gyphon FICM tuner,head studs,II Stage 1turbo,ATS coolant recirc lines,Swamp's 48v ficm,coolant filter,Snow Perf stage II,EGR delete,AD2,4" turbo back straight pipe,K&N intake,Quad "A" pillar autometer gauges,Suncoast Tri Disk Conv.,Billet input shaft,Suncoast superduty rebuild kit,Trans-go shift kit,Mag-Hytec trans pan,CFM+ elbow,ccv mod,15K reese 5er,17" LCD TV/DVD,Cobra 29 Nitewatch CB
Thanks to:JASONS REPAIR AND PERFORMANCE-TELFORD,PA.

"Are diesel pickups hot rods? Yes,they are-perhaps the most versatile hot rods ever made"---Diesel Power Magazine
The Following User Says Thank You to lilpooh For this addition to TDG:
Stroker230 (01-15-2010)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 04:23 AM
Dually Club #3

The Livewire is ugly as h3ll. I haven't seen the touchscreen but it looks much better and I think it will work better as you can move it easier then the livewire.

Jason

06 F-350 4x4 CC LB Tow Boss Lariat 6.0l auto. Banks PowerPDA, Banks SpeedBrake, FICM Atlas 40 Tune, ARP Studs, PowerMax GT3788VA turbo, Homemade coolant filter, EGR valve delete spool, Monster Exhaust, K&N Cold air intake,Mishimoto Radiator,Husky mudflaps, Line-X bed liner, Recon lights, TUNED BY Innovative.
72 F-250 Gasser.FOR SALE
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 02:24 PM

I agree, too big, too ugly. I was looking for the same as above, but because of the help of the wonderful folks here I decided to get the SCT X3 with Custom tunes from Eric, and the Edge Insight with EGT placed on the pillar for monitoring. I love the whole package. I can see any parameter I want and it's not so intrusive.

2007 Ford F350 FX4 Crew Cab long Bed, SCT X3, Innovative Tunes by Eric with Edge Insight and EGT. Magnaflow 4" Turbo back. EGR Cooler blocked off. RCD 2.5 Leveling lift kit, 35/12.5/18" Toyo MT. ARP Studs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode