Live wire mounting - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by vcassens, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 841 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 03:15 AM Thread Starter

Live wire mounting

I am trying to find a better place to mount my livewire in my 04 right now I have it in the window under the o-chit handle and I was told by a cop frinde of mine that I could get a ticket for obstruction of veiw any ideas pics wold be great thanks

2004 ford F350 6.0L 6 speed manual,SCT live wire,south bend double disk clutch,short throw shifter fx4. Costome exhaust 4 inch turbo back to 5" homade stacks, banjo bolt mod, shimed regulator,custom leveling kit (not blocks) and air lift air bags with onbord air suply TRADED FOR

2006 ford F 250 Amarillo 4" turbo back other than that stock for now

singles club #206

bomb squad #67

Ridin' Dirty Club #65
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 05:48 AM

yeah I was wondering the same thing. Do they make a mount that sticks to plastic for the livewire?

R.I.P My First Diesel Hit by lady
running red light:Just like the avatar pic but mine was red(
4/4/06-3/28/08:: Totaled frame twist

RED 2006 Ford F250 powerstroke Lariat crew cab sb
7inch lift
4 inch straight pipe, no cat or muffler to 6inch tip
Chrome accufab intake elbow
22inch kmc with 37 inch kumho tires
Amp powersteps
Zoodad mod
HOPEFULLY SOON: Injectors, headstuds,sct:

Dads truck: 1997 F-250 4x4Black crew cab short bed 7.5L 460 engine:
6 inch lift on 35's
Fox shocks
K&N Fipk filter kit
BBK throtle body
Helix power spacer, 50 series Flow Masters:3inch dual exhaust piping to 5inch tips

My New Truck2005 F-250 4x4 powerstroke Crew cab short bed Charcoal gray metalic all stock , but not for long
Zoodad mod

4inch Turbo Back straight pipe to 5 inch Chrome Tip , exiting in front of rear right tire
Polished intake elbow
Sct Livewire
S&B Cold Air Intake
3 gauge A Pillar with Phantom II"s / PYRO/ BOOST/TRANS
Viper Alarm Remote Start/ Turbo Timer/ Window Module setup
5% tint all around
Dynoed at 425Hp 850 torque
03 Turbo VEEEEERy LOud
Cobra Cb Radio
The perfect Sleeper Looking truck/ Looks completely stock from the outside except for the turbo back exhaust, and when I get challenge they quickly find out it's not stock haha
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 12:15 PM
I Wanna Go Fast!

i used the window mount for a year with no problem... still have it actually if anyone wants it

Just another 6leaker Thanks to RCD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzVhcfZN3jw
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcassens View Post
I am trying to find a better place to mount my livewire in my 04 right now I have it in the window under the o-chit handle and I was told by a cop frinde of mine that I could get a ticket for obstruction of veiw any ideas pics wold be great thanks
cops will give ya a ticket for almost anything. A buddy of mine got a ticket for the same thing, but he had pillar gauges. Cop told him that the gauges were obstructing his view. Now how the hell can a cop tell a person if that obstructs a persons view without even sitting in the seat and seeing it for himself. If that's the case...my rearview mirror obstructs my view and so does my NY registration sticker that is suppose to be stuck to the bottom left hand corner of the windshield. Sometimes cops are just out to get their quota for tickets i think and will just write up BS ones.

2004 F-350 XLT SC 4x4: SCT, AFE stage II, autometer gauges(pyro, boost, tranny, fuel), edge insight, CFM large mouth intake elbow, spearco, snow performance water injection, 5" stacks, ARP's, fluidampr, hypermax fire rings, LIPD regulated return, FASS, fuelab, casserly 190's, 64/71/70 turbo(polished compressor housing)modded FICM(ID), Hellmann's sump, electirc fans
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 01:47 AM
Good on gas, hell on dzl

Garage
The mount will suction cup to anything thats smooth like glass. Worst thing is the Livewire is so heavy the suction cup gives up after a while. I had mine stuck to the windshield b/t my rear view and state inspection sticker and county sticker. Never had any probs, most cops round here will just tell ya to take it down. But yeah they can right a ticket for anything.
The mount finally turned loose one day going down the road, throwing the Livewire in the floor. I threw it in the console and thats where its been since, the gauge part was useless on mine, then it got hard to read, I tried updating the firmware and now it wont even try to do the gauge stuff. O well I got the Commander for gauges. Livewire is for tunes, and I rarely change them.

2006 F250 Super Duty Harley Edition #00604
Black with blue flames Crew Cab, long bed.
MBRP 4" Duals, AEM intake, Accufab elbow, SCT tuned by DJ(Looney)and Spartan, DJs Fuel + Intensifier, Dieselsite coolant filter, Commander monitor for gauges, PML front diff cover, cheap locker in front, Icon leveling kit, Icon Dual steering stabs, OneUpOffroad front link arms, OUO 5" traction blocks, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-23-2010, 01:47 AM
Good on gas, hell on dzl

Garage
The mount will suction cup to anything thats smooth like glass. Worst thing is the Livewire is so heavy the suction cup gives up after a while. I had mine stuck to the windshield b/t my rear view and state inspection sticker and county sticker. Never had any probs, most cops round here will just tell ya to take it down. But yeah they can right a ticket for anything.
The mount finally turned loose one day going down the road, throwing the Livewire in the floor. I threw it in the console and thats where its been since, the gauge part was useless on mine, then it got hard to read, I tried updating the firmware and now it wont even try to do the gauge stuff. O well I got the Commander for gauges. Livewire is for tunes, and I rarely change them.

2006 F250 Super Duty Harley Edition #00604
Black with blue flames Crew Cab, long bed.
MBRP 4" Duals, AEM intake, Accufab elbow, SCT tuned by DJ(Looney)and Spartan, DJs Fuel + Intensifier, Dieselsite coolant filter, Commander monitor for gauges, PML front diff cover, cheap locker in front, Icon leveling kit, Icon Dual steering stabs, OneUpOffroad front link arms, OUO 5" traction blocks, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode