Need advice on tunes - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by hndacr, this thread has received 1 replies and been viewed 748 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

Need advice on tunes

I have an 04 F250 that I am interested in getting tuned. Currently I have rebuilt the oil cooler, replaced the FICM, deleted the EGR cooler, added a coolant filter, and added gauges to monitor EOT, ECT, EGT, Trans and boost. I am however running stock tty headbolts. I purchased a SCT xcal2 from a friend. I would like to get a couple custom tunes from Eric and innovative. I am not interested in hotrodding the truck at all. I do tow a 8k lb camper in the summer months. I would like to improve ecomomy and get a little more power. Any suggestions on custom tunes that give my head bolts a chance? Should I stay away from tunes all together, or can they be safe depending on the weight of my right foot? Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-03-2010, 05:22 PM

Let Eric know you have stock headbolts, and I'd stay away from the Xtreme tunes, even the "stud safe" versions. I'd go with a 3-tune package and get Street, Tow, and an Economy tune. I'd also get a fuel pressure gauge before tuning since the tunes can put more load on the fuel system.

2012 F-150 XLT Ecoboost SuperCrew 6.5' 4x4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode