I am installing a Horton Fan Clutch on my OBS. Here we go… - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Lonesome7.3, this thread has received 0 replies and been viewed 3034 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 12:45 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to Lonesome7.3
I am installing a Horton Fan Clutch on my OBS. Here we go…

Someone suggested I check out Horton for my cooling needs. I did and I found out one of my friends could hook me up with a good deal on a brand new one. This one is made for the T444e’s and the DT466 engine family. Getting it on my truck and working “should” not be that that much of an issue. The unit is completely self contained. I do not have to splice into my factory harness at all. So, now comes the questions. My stock heavy metal fan fits it perfectly. But I prefer to use a later model plastic fan blade. I know the 99 and up came with plastic fans. But from what I have learned so far the fans that came on the six liters and up were massive. They are without a doubt much larger than the stock fan on my OBS. One thing I need to know about them though. Are they reversible? Can I remove the fan blade and flip it on the fan clutch? Also, when I replaced my fan clutch some time back I found out that the fans on some of 7.3‘s spin in different directions. Which years spin which ways? I will be rerouting my belt any way because I plan to do away with my mechanical vacuum pump and I also plan to replace my water pump. So I would think getting my fan to spin the direction required by the new fan clutch should be simple.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode