power booster/assist for brakes - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by dieselman723, this thread has received 1 replies and been viewed 1094 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

power booster/assist for brakes

Got an 02 f250 superduty, its has the power booster or assit\ unit for the brakes thats fed from the powersteeing pump. Theres two feed lines from the looks of it, one on the drivers side and one on the pass side of the unit, both lines are on top. The one on the pass side is pissin fluid out between the line itself and the fitting. I popped the line off and theres a flare and an o-ring at the end of the line. O-ring looked a little crappy so I put a new one on, exact same size, and it still leaked. The end of the line looked good so the only other thing I can think of is maybe theres something screwed up with the booster unit and its not allowing the fluid to flow properly and its being forced past the o-ring and then leaks out the fitting. Any help on this would be great, really cant afford to be taking it to the shop and I just can't understand why its leaking. Brakes and steering were fine then I heard my ps pump whining and found that it was low on fluid and also found the leak.

2011 Silverado 3500 HD Duramax/Allison Stock for now lol
'06 Suzuki LT 450R Quadracer, Cherry Bomb Power Module, Spark Arester Delete, Air Box Lid Delete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-04-2010, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

The line that leaks is the feed to the brake booster, the other line which i thought was also a feed to it is actually the feed to the steering gear box. Then it returns to the ps pump.

2011 Silverado 3500 HD Duramax/Allison Stock for now lol
'06 Suzuki LT 450R Quadracer, Cherry Bomb Power Module, Spark Arester Delete, Air Box Lid Delete

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode