4r100 apart! help on pump mods??? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Vindicator, this thread has received 12 replies and been viewed 13161 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 02:14 AM Thread Starter
Jack of No Trades

4r100 apart! help on pump mods???

Hi all, I've got my 4r100 apart due to the diode busting. Luckily, i was only going 5 mph when it let go so it didnt grenade into little pieces. The fluid is still red, although a tad on the dark side. I currently have my Factory Tech Valve Body in there and would like to keep it. What pump mods can I do that will work in harmony with the FTVB? I read that you can drill out the anti drain back valve? Is this correct? I was also checking out the Transgo tugger kit, but it looks like its main focus is on the valve body which I already have. It also looks like I can get the spiral snap ring for the OD seperately. Any insight is greatly appreciated!

'01 PSD 7.3L Excursion Limited EBM1, 14" lift, rear atlas, 44" Goodyears, crossover steering, 20x10 XD Series Hoss Bronze, ORU dual shock hoops, 14" King Piggybacks, Magnaflow T304 system w/5" tip, FTVB w/50/50 mix regular Mercon/Mobil 1 in trans, Mobil 1 PS flush, Tri-pillar loaded w/Di PriCols (EGT,trans, boost), TS 4 pos. switch chip, ConFerr Rack, Cobra CB, TT/sig mirror conversion, 170 hi-amp alt, Hi Lift equipped, aftermarket headlight wiring harness, UltraDuty rearend cover w/Mobil 1 syn. w/OE friction modifier, Hutch/ITP intank mod, 2 Micron Dahl PrePump, FPR Jack shim [email protected] 70psi, 203 deg T-stat, billet housing, Coolant filter, Tru-Cool trans cooler, Hawk pads, Centric rotors, Valvoline synthetic brake fluid 118k so far...OG CPS died @116k
Recent fix: Pass. side UVGC and rebuilt 4r100 filled w/Mobil 1
Next mod/fix: Perf45 equipped rear driveshaft
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 02:19 AM

Send a message via AIM to moose99psd
call racerX and talk to him, he will get you squared away 702-522-6430
The Following User Says Thank You to moose99psd For this addition to TDG:
Racer X (07-22-2010)
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-13-2010, 02:43 AM Thread Starter
Jack of No Trades
Threadstarter

Here's what I pulled off TCI's website. They perform the following mods to the pump:

Pump Enhancements
• TCC exhaust orifice enlarged for enhanced converter clutch shift feel.
• Cooler feed orifice enlarged for enhanced lubrication.
• Converter feed circuit cross-drilled to line pressure circuit to provide full-time feed.
• Front seal drain back passages enlarged to prevent seal blowout.
• Higher rate pressure regulator valve spring installed for increased torque capacity.
• New, steel boost valve installed to reduce loss of boost signal from pressure control solenoid. (EPC)
• An improved front lube/drain back valve assembly replaces the plastic OEM counterpart, which can melt, restricting the front lube oil feed circuit, which results in overdrive planetary failure.

Which can I do myself and which will play nice with the FTVB??? I'll give RacerX a call tomorrow and see what he thinks...

'01 PSD 7.3L Excursion Limited EBM1, 14" lift, rear atlas, 44" Goodyears, crossover steering, 20x10 XD Series Hoss Bronze, ORU dual shock hoops, 14" King Piggybacks, Magnaflow T304 system w/5" tip, FTVB w/50/50 mix regular Mercon/Mobil 1 in trans, Mobil 1 PS flush, Tri-pillar loaded w/Di PriCols (EGT,trans, boost), TS 4 pos. switch chip, ConFerr Rack, Cobra CB, TT/sig mirror conversion, 170 hi-amp alt, Hi Lift equipped, aftermarket headlight wiring harness, UltraDuty rearend cover w/Mobil 1 syn. w/OE friction modifier, Hutch/ITP intank mod, 2 Micron Dahl PrePump, FPR Jack shim [email protected] 70psi, 203 deg T-stat, billet housing, Coolant filter, Tru-Cool trans cooler, Hawk pads, Centric rotors, Valvoline synthetic brake fluid 118k so far...OG CPS died @116k
Recent fix: Pass. side UVGC and rebuilt 4r100 filled w/Mobil 1
Next mod/fix: Perf45 equipped rear driveshaft
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator View Post
Here's what I pulled off TCI's website. They perform the following mods to the pump:

Pump Enhancements
• TCC exhaust orifice enlarged for enhanced converter clutch shift feel.
• Cooler feed orifice enlarged for enhanced lubrication.
• Converter feed circuit cross-drilled to line pressure circuit to provide full-time feed.
• Front seal drain back passages enlarged to prevent seal blowout.
• Higher rate pressure regulator valve spring installed for increased torque capacity.
• New, steel boost valve installed to reduce loss of boost signal from pressure control solenoid. (EPC)
• An improved front lube/drain back valve assembly replaces the plastic OEM counterpart, which can melt, restricting the front lube oil feed circuit, which results in overdrive planetary failure.

Which can I do myself and which will play nice with the FTVB??? I'll give RacerX a call tomorrow and see what he thinks...
They can't do all on the list.
1 thing listed doesn't apply to 4r100's. 1 thing listed defeats the purpose of another. 1 thing listed can't be done to a 4r100. 1 thing listed is not a problem & shouldn't be done at all. Some things listed can't be done without creating a problem. The list may have been combined with a different list for other applications...possibly an office boo boo....
Didn't see a 4r100 pump over there sold separately. If a page link with the list is available, please post it.

~

POWERFLOW BY RACER X[SIZE="3"][FONT="Tahoma"][B] on Video. Featuring Ford's 7.3L Powerstroke V8 with E4OD Transmission. Powered by custom twin turbo chargers & fuel system injecting 473 + cc's of diesel & nitrous! 800 r.w.h.p. proudly owned by Fuzzys69. Ever seen a diesel burn maximum fuel & flow clean soot free exhaust?
[CENTER]
Racer X is a proud supporter of TDG forums & 2 time World Series Champion
Al Leiter & Al's [COLOR="Silver"]children's fund.

Last edited by Eagles Fire; 07-16-2010 at 12:40 AM. Reason: spelling
The Following User Says Thank You to Eagles Fire For this addition to TDG:
Racer X (07-22-2010)
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles Fire View Post
They can't do all on the list.
1 thing listed doesn't apply to 4r100's. 1 thing listed defeats the purpose of another. 1 thing listed can't be done to a 4r100. 1 thing listed is not a problem & shouldn't be done at all. Some things listed can't be done without creating a problem. The list may have been combined with a different list for other applications...possibly an office boo boo....
Didn't see a 4r100 pump over there sold separately. If a page link with the list is available, please post it.

~
Thanks for that info.

So, what would you suggest (looking at this page on your website) for a DIY enthusiast who desires to support your business?

prt

'99 F250 X-cab 2wd

powered by DP-Tuner

My Photography addiction

Mafia # 27

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 03:53 AM
TwinStacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose99psd View Post
call racerX and talk to him, he will get you squared away 702-522-6430
I second this... glad he has chimed in for you

Chris Cayer- www.facebook.com/SmknDzl or www.myspace.com/smkndzl send a request

Early '99 Black Lariat F-350 cclb dually-TS 6 position, AFE StageII, Autometer UltraLite Gauges, 6" Turnout Stacks, Muffler/Cat Delete, Built Trans from RacerX with .670 Line Mod Valve and Full LockUp Valve, 6.0L Trans Cooler, Boost Relief Valve, Oil X-Over, 5% Tint Around With 20% On The Windshield and 5% Strip On Top, Tinted Tail Lights, 2003 Clear Headlights, VisionX 8K H.I.D. Kit, JVC InDash DVD, APS997 Remote Start and Alarm, Painted Grille and Mirrors, WhiteNight Reverse Lights
Competition Cobra29, DaveMade Comp 2x2, 2x4 and 5pill boxes on VOLTS, Modified Wilson 5000...YEAH IM TALKING
Nathan Airchime P5 Train Horns @ 200PSI
The Following User Says Thank You to SmknDzl For this addition to TDG:
Racer X (07-22-2010)
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-17-2010, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plainredtruck View Post
Thanks for that info.

So, what would you suggest (looking at this page on your website) for a DIY enthusiast who desires to support your business?

prt
I must have had an older cached copy of the linked page on my computer, because there were parts on there when I linked to it.

I thought I was pointing the Threadstarter to good info.

I still look forward to Racer X commenting on what parts are recommended and how TDG members can continue to support their business.

prt

'99 F250 X-cab 2wd