ATF 2cyl c-tane - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by flatbed, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 1178 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to flatbed
ATF 2cyl c-tane

Hi....Got a 95 f350 7.3 4 wh .......If you have the patience to go over , once again when to use , how much ,how often ,and maybe what effect , ATF , 2cyl oil, c-tane,anti -gel and any other tricks of the trade that is used/recommended by those of you that have "been there done that" I would be grateful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 09:27 PM

1 ounce of 2 stroke non ash oil too 1 gal. of diesel, you may get a improvement in fuel mileage, it made my truck run a little bit quieter with it, and its good lubrication

2000 f350 7.3 ext cab 6speed- 4inch dp, 5inch straight pipe, ts 6 pos chip. stock 140 100 75 50 high idle, zoodad, fpr shimmed, 6637 intake, 5inch lift, foil delete, beans idm, stage one injectors....r.i.p was fun when it lasted

94 mack rd e7350 mack 12speed roll bed
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to flatbed
ATF 2cyl c-tane

balz out thanks for the reply.........I live in central Illinois and bio diesel is every where, I see signs on pumps that say 12ppm sulphur max and 5 to 20% bio mass diesel. Don't really know what effect this has on anything and was wondering if anyone could help me understand what changes I should do for my old flat bed (Winslow).
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 01:12 PM

I run Walmart 2 stroke @ 256 to 1, that is about half once of 2 stroke to one gallon of Diesel. I get like 10% better in all my powerstokes and 15% + in a mechanical CAT 3116.

I do notice a little less power when I don't put 2 stroke in for a few tanks.

Jay Noone
413-222-8286
I got hay
abolish the Federal Reserve, they are the real problem

Vote Ron Paul 2012
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 02:27 PM

If you have bio diesel readily available I think adding 2-cycle is not going to be of significant benefit.

I quit adding it once B20 became available and even B2 ranks higher in lubricity than adding 2-cycle.

prt

'99 F250 X-cab 2wd