installed stealth dual hpop, itp fuel system, and H2E an truck is hard starting - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by whitelightning, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 2396 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
installed stealth dual hpop, itp fuel system, and H2E an truck is hard starting

hey guys,

i just finished up with a bunch of mods H2E, dual hpops, head studs, and itp fuel system. First of all the truck woud not start becasue i didnt have both iprs wired in. Now it will start every time. how ever it cranks for a long time double or triple the right time to fire, when it fires it runs perfect. i can shut it off and immediatly start it up it will fire like normal 2-3 cranks, if i let the truck sit for 1 minute after shutdown. again it will crank for a while but then fire right up and run fine, some my hpop lines i had to make my self so they are longer then specified dont know if that would make a difference or not my engine is a 97 but i dont know if the front pump is a 15* or 17* pump. i will check the resevoir to see if it has leaked down here in a little while!

Any sugestions thanks!

95 F-250, My paint job, cowl hood, fender flares, Pro-tech tool box, 2" leveling kit, 35" Toyos, Weld Mt. Crushers, swapped the 3.55 no posi, to 4.10 Posi to help for the tires and get a Limited slip.

GO FAST PARTS- replaced 95 motor with a 97 that i rebuilt, stuck in some Rosewood stage 1s,H11 head studs, Hybrid H2E,stealth dual hpops,Itp fuel system Retro I/C, my own CCV mod, stancor GPR, K&N filter my intake tube,DP tuner F5 high idle, 60 tow, 80 econo, 120 race, Love my DP, A pilar pod Stewart warner Guages. cant forget the 4" turbo back to cool duals exhaust yeah that means a 4" down pipe!

Tranny- HD rebuilt E4OD by central transmission with all Racer X internals, deep pan!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-15-2011, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
Ok here is some more info, the truck isnt hard starting it just has a long cranking time. Truck sat ocer night and i checked the resevoir it was about a half inch down from the bottem of the threads so 3/4 to the top of resevoir!
After it starts and i let it sit for about 10 minutes the resevoir is full to the top, but it still has a long crank! i also fixed the hoses to make them the recomende length still the same problem! i have not driven the truck much could there just be air in the system perhaps?

95 F-250, My paint job, cowl hood, fender flares, Pro-tech tool box, 2" leveling kit, 35" Toyos, Weld Mt. Crushers, swapped the 3.55 no posi, to 4.10 Posi to help for the tires and get a Limited slip.

GO FAST PARTS- replaced 95 motor with a 97 that i rebuilt, stuck in some Rosewood stage 1s,H11 head studs, Hybrid H2E,stealth dual hpops,Itp fuel system Retro I/C, my own CCV mod, stancor GPR, K&N filter my intake tube,DP tuner F5 high idle, 60 tow, 80 econo, 120 race, Love my DP, A pilar pod Stewart warner Guages. cant forget the 4" turbo back to cool duals exhaust yeah that means a 4" down pipe!

Tranny- HD rebuilt E4OD by central transmission with all Racer X internals, deep pan!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 05:40 AM

Could be air. I would drive it and use all the RPMs and throttle few times. Get those injectors to flow a lot of oil fast to purge the air. I don't think it will purge all the air until put a load on the engine.

Jay Noone
413-222-8286
I got hay
abolish the Federal Reserve, they are the real problem

Vote Ron Paul 2012
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
ok Thanks for the brain it might be a couple days, i drove it yesterday for about five minutes when the return line from the turbo starting pissing out oil, so now i have to fix that, plus my alignment is way off so its kind of hard to drive

Thanks though

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode