How To: Service ESOF Hubs - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by A/Ox4, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 2731 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 02:45 AM Thread Starter

Garage
How To: Service ESOF Hubs

Here it is. I dont know why so many people hate the ESOF hubs. Mine have always worked perfectly because they are well maintained

Granted, if they ever broke I would get some WARNs or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFnm7Gy83_8

- Trey
"Jaws"- 2002 F250 XLT CrewCab Short Bed 4x4 7.3L

Phoenix 6pos (Stock, 65dd, Whisper, 100p, 120r, 80t), 6637 Intake, RR-IC Boots, BW CPS, DeFoiled, 08 Tail Lights, MBRP TB 4" w/ muffler, Firestone load bags, 05+ Tow mirrors, Custom Flag Mount

My Youtube videos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 03:05 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by A/Ox4 View Post
Here it is. I dont know why so many people hate the ESOF hubs. Mine have always worked perfectly because they are well maintained

Granted, if they ever broke I would get some WARNs or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFnm7Gy83_8
My selectors were seized and one was locked in manual. Didn't watch the entire video but hopefully he recommended soaking with a little penetrating spray. The aluminum seems to build up some corrosion. Mine were never maintained by first owner so for 200 $ I put some WARNs in. Ford wanted 250$ each.

Early 2004 F-250 4x4 CC 6.0

2nd owner, ARP studs 1 at a time, Some parts missing in the exhaust path, BD intercooler hoses, Blue spring, MC filters, Sinister coolant filter, Exhaust manifold gaskets, WARN lockouts, Gold coolant, zoodad mod, autometer boost gauge, high idle mod, Scangauge 2, SCT X3 tuned from KEM, autometer fuel pressure gauge, Archoil 6200 in the fuel, FICM by Ed w/ATLAS40, autometer pyro gauge,'08 Alum Rear Diff cover, 5w-40 Rotella T6 w/ Archoil 9100 in it, zert in the slip joint, harpooned fuel tank, 6.4 banjos

Not a diesel mechanic in real life but I play one on the Internet
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 04:50 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weld engineer View Post
Didn't watch the entire video but hopefully he recommended soaking with a little penetrating spray. The aluminum seems to build up some corrosion.
Nope. I have never had to use penetrating lube on any if the hubs I've taken off. Just a little wiggle and they come out. Never seen them corroded either. Granted I dont live in the rust belt.

- Trey
"Jaws"- 2002 F250 XLT CrewCab Short Bed 4x4 7.3L

Phoenix 6pos (Stock, 65dd, Whisper, 100p, 120r, 80t), 6637 Intake, RR-IC Boots, BW CPS, DeFoiled, 08 Tail Lights, MBRP TB 4" w/ muffler, Firestone load bags, 05+ Tow mirrors, Custom Flag Mount

My Youtube videos
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-03-2012, 02:39 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by A/Ox4 View Post
Nope. I have never had to use penetrating lube on any if the hubs I've taken off. Just a little wiggle and they come out. Never seen them corroded either. Granted I dont live in the rust belt.
I wish I would have taken pictures of them now but the selector switch for Auto/Manual was siezed in both of mine. The previous owner left one in manual so the axle was spinning all the time. They still operated but I couldn't get the selctor to turn. soaked and soaked but no good the aluminum had basically locked it and since the selector is a porous sintered part (too allow air to come in during vacuum locking) they just break when you put enough wrench on them. Yeah salt is tough on lots of stuff.

Wes

Early 2004 F-250 4x4 CC 6.0

2nd owner, ARP studs 1 at a time, Some parts missing in the exhaust path, BD intercooler hoses, Blue spring, MC filters, Sinister coolant filter, Exhaust manifold gaskets, WARN lockouts, Gold coolant, zoodad mod, autometer boost gauge, high idle mod, Scangauge 2, SCT X3 tuned from KEM, autometer fuel pressure gauge, Archoil 6200 in the fuel, FICM by Ed w/ATLAS40, autometer pyro gauge,'08 Alum Rear Diff cover, 5w-40 Rotella T6 w/ Archoil 9100 in it, zert in the slip joint, harpooned fuel tank, 6.4 banjos

Not a diesel mechanic in real life but I play one on the Internet

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode