hpop res leaking down - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Cratos, this thread has received 0 replies and been viewed 1919 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

hpop res leaking down

I had to have the front cover changed on the 7.3. but now that I have it home I have a slow start issue I have found that the HPOP res is empty overnight.
I also had the lpop changed at the same time. I know when it was put on it was packed with what looked like red grease, could this a caused an injector O-ring to blow? I have noticed when I picked it up at the shop that the oil pressure was about 2-3 psi higher than it is now, (probably from the grease in the system?)I have unhooked the DS line to the head ( no oil was in the line)and put a fitting and hose on it and filled it with oil and refilled the res.to see if it is the DS side , or front cover leaking next I will do the PS if the res leaks down. It just seems odd that I did not have any leak down problems before the front cover change?
the new cover part # is for 99-03 (I had them return the oild one to me.so I checked both #'s on the covers) is the only diffarnce in the cover the filter screen?

2012 f-240 lbsc 4x4

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode