FASS fuel system - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 01 stroker, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 844 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 04:16 AM Thread Starter

FASS fuel system

Is anyone running a fass fuel system on there truck and how about 94 to 97 as well as 99s to 03s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 01:05 PM

I would like to know also. I am looking at this too, but want to hear any pros and cons before I get one
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 01:07 PM

Opinions differ whether or not a person will see any advantages on a stockish type application. Some say yes, some say no.

I have put a few on Dodges and main reason there is to replace failing Lift pump.

For Super Duties -
I run the Air Dog version on my truck and a buddies truck, but have done a FASS on a 6.0. Main reason for that was we were running a TS 165HP box stacked with Tuner and wanted to make sure we would get full fuel. For a stock truck, I can't justify the cost, for modds including sizable injectors, I would say definately. If you are looking for mileage, put your pennies into a good fuel line kit from [email protected] (awesome to work with) or [email protected] (very helpful too). I have ran Dennis's kits on 2 trucks and saw fuel mileage improvement, along with better throttle response and a quieter engine. I would expect same results from Bob's kits as he is a very sharp cookie.

For OBS -
Go with Bean.

Hope that helps.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 10:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to rjs82vette Send a message via MSN to rjs82vette Send a message via Yahoo to rjs82vette
I have it on my truck and it has made a lot of differance, but I dont know if it is the FASS System or that the kit replaces all of the crappy quick connects on the stock fuel line. I would hope due to the price that it is doing more.

2002 Ford Excursion Limited 7.3L PowerStroke Turbo 4x4, Interior: Tan, Exterior: Blue, Banks Power Elbow, Banks Quick Turbo, Banks Big Head Wastegate, Banks Six Gun Tuner, Banks 4" Monster Exhaust, Banks TransCommand, Banks Engine Oil & Trans Gauges on piller pod, Banks Compressor Wheel, Superlift 6" Suspension (all Springs), Driveline Solutions Dual CV Driveshaft, Custom Ladder Bars, FASS Fuel System, Diablo Predator w/ custom Granatelli Program, MAC Cold Air Intake, .
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 05:16 PM

I should have clarified a little. The "stock" truck we put it on, had an ITP fuel line kit, so all of the quick-connects were gone. Have not personally installed one on a bone stock Ford, so I would say incorporating the line change would show a difference. Good product, don't get me wrong.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode