rough running - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 97mt, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 765 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

rough running

New member seems like a great site. I have a 97 f-250 7.3 and am having trouble with around town travel, the thing acts like it is starving for fuel,it runs extremely rough(cutting out and surging) but it will run fine getting up to speed and idle well, one thing i noticed is that it will not act up if it is on cruise control at any speed. can the throttle pedal be the problem or is it something else? HELP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 10:28 PM
tjl

Welcome to the site, there are a lot of good people here. I'm not sure about your problem but I've been told to clean the micro switch at the pedal to help with some of your symptoms. I'm sure some one with a lot more knowledge then me will be along soon.

Tim

'96 f350 cc dually, 5 speed w/ short throw shifter, stage 1 injectors, '03 sd intercooler, d66 turbo, DP Tuner F5 chip (stock, high idle, tow, econo, extreme) modified IDM, CCV mod, gutted EBPV

343 hp
670 tq

Dually Club #20

B.O.M.B. Squad #7
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 12:03 AM

How many miles? Have you changed the fuel filter lately? Could be a fuel pump, or valve cover harness is working loose. Maybe fill out your signature some so we know what you've done. Welcome

01 F-250 SC PSD,210k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, GTS Hybrid injectors, Studs, 910 Valve springs, Forged rods Water injection,Swamps tuned, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 100 axl tank, 4" Revtek lift, 37-14.50-17 TOYO MT's 469hp and 1068tq...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 01:02 AM

It could be that a fuel sensor is out of it. Have you checked the fuel sensor? It also could be the injectors.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 02:13 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to gtspowerstroke
It could be any number of things. I'd try to get it somewhere where they can hook a scanner up to it and see if there are any DTCs stored in the PCM. Also have them run a cyl. contribution test on it and a buzz test to check out the injectors.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode