I am about to pull my injecters, any advice would be appreciated. - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Lonesome7.3, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 558 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to Lonesome7.3
I am about to pull my injecters, any advice would be appreciated.

I am about to pull the injectors on my 95 Powerstroke. I will be replacing them with BDP stage one injectors along with the BDP upgraded fuel system. I have never perfomred this procedure before. I would love to hear anything any one has to say about it. I am open to advice or a flat out how to. Thanks in advance. :bow:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 12:32 AM
S.L.A.P.S. Sgt. at Arms

I'm not all that familar with the process either, but I have seen it done. Not all that difficult, but you will need a pump to pull the oil out of the cyclinders before installing the new ones. I think Sears sells one that will do the job.

Good Luck with the install,
Will-

William Haskell :evil:
FORMER SLAPS-"[email protected]" Member #12
2006 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 4x4
2001 PSD 4x4Sold
The wife's ride.
2005 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer 6.0 Ltr PSD, White over Gold. SOLD!!!!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 02:19 AM

Beans has a how to on their site, also swamps and a few other people. Run a search on this forum. Its honestly easy.... Dont forget to pull all the alum foil crap off yout ac box before taking the pass side v-cover off. There is a vaccum box under there that will keep ya from getting the no 7 stick out. You have to take it off (2 screws). Do this before anything. Otherwise you will fill the head full of fiberglass insulation and all the dirt that is stuck around that thing.

Josh Davis
32 Lugnuts, 4 gallons of rotella Syn, 5 gallons of coolant, Two Heads, 8 Pistons, 7 U-Joints, 8 Injectors and some exhaust.
You know you are doing something right when the Ford dealers call you for parts.
6.0L Ford
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR2w7Ciaut8
6.4L Ford
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KmgiQg4G8E
WWW.RIVERCITYDIESEL.COM
(309) 699-2488
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Well, there are two pieces of advice I was totally unaware of. Thank, I will go with what both of you said.

How will I know if my cylinders have to be pumped out? is there a way to drain them before hand?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 02:35 PM
RSP
Rockin-S

You can drain the oil rails by removing the Plugs under the valve covers But you take a chance of damaging them. You can also take the two big Plugs out of the back of the engine But there again you take a chance of damage. What I do is take #7 and #8 out, Let them drain a while and then pull the rest. Take out all the Glow plugs, Now suck as much as you can from #7 and #8, and clean all the cups. Now oil the orings and make sure the copper washer is on and install all the injectors. Now lay the valve covers over the heads and turn the engine over BY HAND several revolutions and when you are sure there is no Hydrolock going to happen put everything back to togather. Dont turn it over with the injectors out, That will just pump more oil in. Just take your time and read the instructions on BDP or Swamps pages.

97 F350 PSD Crew Cab 4X4 Almost Stock :umno:
79 F250 CTD Super Cab 4X4 Almost Stock
79 F150 Reg Cab 4X4 Whimpy 512 CI BigBlock Some day it will be a CTD too
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Thanks. That is some good advice. I have not received the parts yet. so I have a little time to do this. I will see if I can find the directions on the BDP site.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode