BW CSS1603 junk! - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by JoeDirte, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 2746 times.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2013, 04:52 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 116
Points: 32,786
Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
BW CSS1603 junk!

My SES light came on and pulled a PO308. Last time this happened, I changed the CPS and the problem went away. It's been so long now that I don't recall which brand and part number I ordered. So all my research pointed to the BW CSS1603 being a decent upgrade. I read about the intermittent wipers affecting the engine when running this. I tried the wipers and no problem. I headed out to get my smog now that the SES light was out. Out about three miles with the new CPS, the engine started to hiccup. I backed off the go pedal and made it to the smog shop all the while hoping the SES light would not come on. Well, I passed the inspection now I ordered up the Delphi HTS101. I might put my old CPS back on until the Delphi comes in. If that turns out to be crap, I'll try the IH 1876736c91. The thing that kills me is all the years of a known problem and nobody can come up with a reliable fix? I'll see if O'Reilly's will give me a refund.

2000 F250 Supercab 2wd, 6spd, DP Tuner, Southbend conFE, MBRP 4" turbo back straight pipe. DIY intake.
JoeDirte is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2013, 10:19 PM
Junior Member
 
Justin@DP-Tuner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Oakdale, CA
Posts: 49
Points: 4,636
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDirte View Post
My SES light came on and pulled a PO308. Last time this happened, I changed the CPS and the problem went away. It's been so long now that I don't recall which brand and part number I ordered. So all my research pointed to the BW CSS1603 being a decent upgrade. I read about the intermittent wipers affecting the engine when running this. I tried the wipers and no problem. I headed out to get my smog now that the SES light was out. Out about three miles with the new CPS, the engine started to hiccup. I backed off the go pedal and made it to the smog shop all the while hoping the SES light would not come on. Well, I passed the inspection now I ordered up the Delphi HTS101. I might put my old CPS back on until the Delphi comes in. If that turns out to be crap, I'll try the IH 1876736c91. The thing that kills me is all the years of a known problem and nobody can come up with a reliable fix? I'll see if O'Reilly's will give me a refund.
I would skip buying the Delphi and go straight to getting the IH 1876736c91. It is the best one available currently, in my opinion. I keep the gray Ford one in the glove box as a backup though.

DP-Tuner
For Your Tuning Needs
www.dp-tuner.com
Like us on Facebook!

Justin Bochmann
Sales and Technical Support
828-221-0076 ext.804
[email protected]
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
Member
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 116
Points: 32,786
Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Thanks for note. I already ordered the delphi. I'll call up the local IH dealer in the morning to price out the 1876736C91. If they have it in stock I'll use that and keep the Delphi in the glove box.
I'll see if I can get a refund on the BW from O'Reilly's. If not that was a wasted $28. Hope someone else learns from my mistake.

BTW. I love my DP Tuner! I set the tuner to stock when I went for my smog hoping the dude would not call me out on it. I figured the OBD would read the stock setting.

2000 F250 Supercab 2wd, 6spd, DP Tuner, Southbend conFE, MBRP 4" turbo back straight pipe. DIY intake.
JoeDirte is offline  
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Member
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 116
Points: 32,786
Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
I picked up the 1876736C91 (dark gray/blue w purple o-ring)from the International Dealer today, $37. It's made in Mexico.
I also received my Delphi HTS101 today (light gray w purple o-ring). I see the Delphi actually has a part number on the CPS, 18767335C91. Label on box says made in the USA.
So, I'll install the IH and keep the Delphi in the glove. I think I'll keep the one that's in the engine now in the glove just in case. It throws a SES PO308, but the engine sounds and feels fine. I just want the SES light off.

2000 F250 Supercab 2wd, 6spd, DP Tuner, Southbend conFE, MBRP 4" turbo back straight pipe. DIY intake.
JoeDirte is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Junior Member
 
Justin@DP-Tuner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Oakdale, CA
Posts: 49
Points: 4,636
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDirte View Post
Thanks for note. I already ordered the delphi. I'll call up the local IH dealer in the morning to price out the 1876736C91. If they have it in stock I'll use that and keep the Delphi in the glove box.
I'll see if I can get a refund on the BW from O'Reilly's. If not that was a wasted $28. Hope someone else learns from my mistake.

BTW. I love my DP Tuner! I set the tuner to stock when I went for my smog hoping the dude would not call me out on it. I figured the OBD would read the stock setting.
O'Reilly should give you a refund since the sensor has warranty.

Glad you like the chip! The OBDII reader won't be able to read any of the tunes on the chip, but it is better to put it in the stock setting when getting smogged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDirte View Post
I picked up the 1876736C91 (dark gray/blue w purple o-ring)from the International Dealer today, $37. It's made in Mexico.
I also received my Delphi HTS101 today (light gray w purple o-ring). I see the Delphi actually has a part number on the CPS, 18767335C91. Label on box says made in the USA.
So, I'll install the IH and keep the Delphi in the glove. I think I'll keep the one that's in the engine now in the glove just in case. It throws a SES PO308, but the engine sounds and feels fine. I just want the SES light off.
Let me know how the 1876736C91 works out. From my experience, it is the best one available today.

Clear the code once you install the new CPS and see if it comes back.

DP-Tuner
For Your Tuning Needs
www.dp-tuner.com
Like us on Facebook!

Justin Bochmann
Sales and Technical Support
828-221-0076 ext.804
[email protected]
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome