Can anyone help now! Need it soon. - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by dog3434, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 582 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

Can anyone help now! Need it soon.

Ok, I posted a possible problem yesterday with the CPS. Now I know its something else. I changed the cps this morning but the truck will not fire. It will turn over good but it will not catch. A little smoke comes from the tail pipe but not a lot. I pulled the fuel filter and checked it out. It looks fine and there's plenty of fuel in the bowl. I hear the fuel pump kick on when I start the truck but still no fire.

I've seen on other post possible problems with the EGR, not real sure what it is, or the HPOP. I looked on top of the motor and there is a little standing oil. Not a lot but definately some. I also hear a slight hissing sound coming from the driver's side of the engine block. Can't see anything though. Can anyone help soon.

I'd love to speak with someone in person if you think you can help. Just email me your number. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 06:41 PM

try the colorado powerstroke club website, there may be someone right close to you who can help. I know Rocky with Rockin S Performance knows these motors inside and out the colorado website is www.coloradopowerstrokeclub.com he is bigbully or RSP.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 07:20 PM
Supporting Vendor

dog3434,

It could be a number of things, a stuck IPR, bad ICP sensor,etc. The only way to know for sure is to hook up a scan tool and watch it while you are trying to start it and look for things like oil pressure, not enough heat in the cylinder(glow plugs),etc.

Hope this helps!
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Thanks guys. I don't have a scan tool so I can't check codes. I pulled the 5 amp fuse that was blown from under the dash but it didn't do anything. my manual says it was for the fog lamps but they worked fine without it. Not sure what it was. My wife came out and helped turn it over while I layed on the engine and checked everything out. I'll be dammed if it didn't start after 3 tries with her. It died before I coule get to the gas pedal and it won't start again. I'd really hate to pay for a tow but I don't know what else to do.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode