New member question - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by legacy76, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 440 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 06:24 AM Thread Starter

New member question

This weekend I will be pulling approximately 14000 lbs. I just put an edge evolution on my truck, 1996 F-250 ps 4x4, I haven't had a chance to put a set of gauges on it yet. I have it set on the 60 hp increase setting which is the lowest one. Can I leave it on this setting without hurting the engine or do I need to go back to the stock program while pulling this load?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 11:56 AM

go back to the stock program before you get guages especially when towing just to be safe
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 02:47 PM

I used to have the evo, just sold it matter of fact, I used it in the 80 hp setting when towing about 20000 lbs, no problem with egts, I would think you would be good with it in the 60 hp mode, but then again the 96s don't have intercoolers, so maybe not. I would say no without guages, just to be safe.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 03:29 PM
BJS

the two other guys are right you can't tow safely with a chip if you don't have guages.

As much as it pains me to say so you need to go back to stock to tow the trailer.

As pure speculation if you keep the rev's high climbing any grade you shouldn't have any problem with egt's but since the consequences are rather expensive and you don't have a way to verify refer to previous statement.

95 F350 Centurion Conversion Bronco (Crew Cab SRW) 4X4 4.10, Isspro Performax Boost, Pyro, & trans temp on the A-pillar, BDP Stage 1 injectors, Open air intake, Dpp Downpipe, Self built E4OD with parts from Racer-X, Tony Wildman Chip, Early '99 Intercooler.

Destin FL Vacation Houses 1 block from the beach

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode