bad fuel, cleaned out, now no boast - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by dirtworker, this thread has received 0 replies and been viewed 921 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
?????????????

Garage
bad fuel, cleaned out, now no boast

OK fellas I've searched for my problem and can find close but not what I have so here we go................
1. got bad fuel........running great, put in 6 gallons, started running bad before i left the parking lot. Idle rough, low power, sluggish.
2. dropped the tank and drained, cleaned out completely, and re installed.
3. 0 fuel in fuel lines
4. new fuel filter
5. fresh fuel
6. cranked up fine, idled rough, still lack of power for the first few miles than straightened out and ran like normal but still had check engine light PO1316.

i would drive it and it would run rough intermediately and than clear up.

7. took to to buddy who works at Ford and he put it on Ford computer and it said #1 and #2 injector is weak but not out.

Drove it 400 miles round trip pulling my Jeep on a trailer to go rock climb and it ran great both ways and the check engine light never went off.

Drove to work the next night (74 miles round trip) and ran great and check engine light still on.

Driving to work and lost all power and started lightly popping through exhaust like the old school non-turbo 7.3 did when you are WOT. 0 boast on gauge and EGT's less than 200 (digital boast gauge doesnt read below 200)

8. now code 1247 (low boast) and very rough idle, long crank to start, knocks when first cranks.

9. I have pulled the entire intake system off all the way to the block. no boots damaged, no holes in inter cooler pipes, the 5 way intake pipe is in good shape and clean, turbo turns fine and no play in shaft.

Hose from MAP to intake is in perfect shape.

I'm lost my follow diesel lovers please help a brother before I cry like a 8 year old little girl who lost her favorite doll.

YOU MUST HAVE BEEN MOVIN CAUSE I WAS HAULIN BUTT WHEN I PASSED YOU

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode