Ported heads? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by strokin, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 843 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-05-2006, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
aka Stroked X

Ported heads?

ok i know this topic always has alot of people talkin.. but i have a spare 7.3l PSD motor here which i have been trying to get rid of for awhile. i am goin to part it out and sell off what i can. now my question is, would it be worth it to get the heads ported before i sell them? this way they will get sold fast. also how much are ported heads for a powerstroke going for? i know of only ATS that sells aftermarket heads for our motors. is there anyone else? what do you guys think?

Sukhi

2000 Ford Excursion 4x4 7.3l PSD
-9.5" DR/Fab-tec lift, DR Res shocks, 38x15.5x20 Mickey Thompson MTZ, AFE Stage 2 intake, 4" turbo back straight pipe(no muffler) 6" tip, Autometer pyro, boost, trans, Built Tranny, ARP Head Studs, Commetic MLS Gasket, Garret BB Turbo, CCV mod. Flex-alite HD trans oil cooler. TCS HD TQ. 05 Harley Front end. 20" Jesse James Lawless 8. AMP Powersteps, DP-Tuner F-6 Chip, On-Board Air, Train Horn
http://www.ftwtrucks.com/powerstrokex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 01:02 AM

there are many people getting there heads ported or doing it themselves, however its very pricey to have them ported and flowed. I was told somewhere in the 2k price range to get the whole shebang done on mine. Have you tried listing stuff in the forsale section of the forums, theres quite a few people building engines right now surely someone would be interested.

luke
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 01:29 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to gtspowerstroke
I don't think it would be worth it unless you could do it yourself and I've yet to see it proven that head proting will show muchy for gains anyway. Like Luke said it will be very expensive to have it done right. What are you asking for the engine? what condition is it in? Where is Surry in relation to Abbotsford?
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 06:31 AM Thread Starter
aka Stroked X
Threadstarter

I am askin $2000 for the complete motor, with the turbo computer, wirering harness, fuse boxes, relays, alternator, ps pump, intake .... everything. the motor runs it jsut smokes on cold start up. i was told the rings were starting to wear so i pulled the motor. the motor is out of my 2000 excursion, the build date on the motor is oct. 99 . and Surrey is a 20 min drive from Abbotsford. are you planning on goin to the BD Power dyno day show? because i will be there.

Sukhi

2000 Ford Excursion 4x4 7.3l PSD
-9.5" DR/Fab-tec lift, DR Res shocks, 38x15.5x20 Mickey Thompson MTZ, AFE Stage 2 intake, 4" turbo back straight pipe(no muffler) 6" tip, Autometer pyro, boost, trans, Built Tranny, ARP Head Studs, Commetic MLS Gasket, Garret BB Turbo, CCV mod. Flex-alite HD trans oil cooler. TCS HD TQ. 05 Harley Front end. 20" Jesse James Lawless 8. AMP Powersteps, DP-Tuner F-6 Chip, On-Board Air, Train Horn
http://www.ftwtrucks.com/powerstrokex

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode