Brake lights flicker off - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by imported_BigGreen, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 608 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-06-2006, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Brake lights flicker off

Last night I noticed something new. As I was leaving last night (after dark) I momentarily stepped on the brake pedal while I released the e-brake. I glanced in the rear-view door mirror as I stepped on the brake pedal and noticed that the brake lights came on when I hit the pedal (I always back into my driveway, so I could see then shining on the house), but then went off. As my foot kept pressing the pedal down, they came back on. So it's like they have a dead spot right after the pedal is depressed. I have no idea how long this has been happening.

What might cause this?

I've been thinking about this and the only thing I can come up w/ is possibly something I did. I replaced the pedal box over a year ago and I kind-of remember having issues when I hooked the brake pedal back up. I couldn't remember if the brake linkage was facing up or down.

I'm not really worried about it much. I've passed two state inspections since I replaced the pedal box, but I don't like what it's doing now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 03:25 AM

might be your brake light swith, on the linkage under the dash?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I thought of that last night, but wouldn't a part like that either "work" or "not work". Is there any way to test it? This is going to bug me until I figure it out.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006, 01:19 AM

backup to somthing so you can see the lights shining. press on the pedal and wiggel the switch. if they go on & off ? it may be the switch or the wires going to the switch. :shrug: if this helps.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode