Exhaust Leak...But Where? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by bigdraft, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 826 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 05:44 AM Thread Starter
The Big Meanie

Exhaust Leak...But Where?

Allright.....when I really get in the go pedal on my 95, it has a leak someplace. The more the turbo spools up, the louder it gets. It sounds like someone humming into a fan. Very irritating.....and she just dont get up and go as quick as she did before.

Shot downpipe?
Shot donut gasket things?

Any ideas???????

kevin

1996 Dodge 3500 Ex. Cab LB Wide Hipper
Boys Stroke It...Men RAM It
Dually Club Member
Farm Club Member
If I Get Caught Drunk On My Horse, Is It A DUI Or A RUI???

I Got A Named Bubba
In Progress...
FOREVER FARMS
What Is A Farm With No Barns?

Quote:
[Today 9:22 PM] GrnMachineLover: I just think diesels in cars are funny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdraft
Allright.....when I really get in the go pedal on my 95, it has a leak someplace. The more the turbo spools up, the louder it gets. It sounds like someone humming into a fan. Very irritating.....and she just dont get up and go as quick as she did before.

Shot downpipe?
Shot donut gasket things?

Any ideas???????

kevin
I had a similar problem not long ago. The turbo sounded like it was pulseing. I found that two of the bolts that hold the exhaust housing on had fallen out so it was leaking between the two halfs of the turbo. Also on my Dad's 97 his was ticking real bad and it had a broken manifold bolt. Hope this helps, just a couple experiences I have had in the past.

1994 F-250 PSD ext cab 5spd 4x4 Gutted ebpv ,Valeo smf and clutch,3 pos Tony Wildman chip!, 3-4" Dp, 4" exhaust,Tymar intake, shimmed fpr, HPX crossover, 1.0 a/r exhaust housing, vdo gauges, 279,000k
1996 F-250 PSD CC SB 4x4, 5spd, 4:10's SMF clutch, 3" dp, cats gone, gauges Tymar intake, HPX, .84 a/r exhaut housing, 6oh intercooler/GTS kit, 4pos chip by Tony Wildman!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 09:35 PM

just a shot in the dark . did you look at your up pipes ? sometimes they come loose and you loose boost therefore power. you can look from under the truck with a flashlight up at the pipes if you have soot you have a leak i got lucky mine were just loose you can tighten with lots of extentions and a wobbly socket good luck kirk:HappyMugs
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 10:20 PM

:agreed:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDadio
just a shot in the dark . did you look at your up pipes ? sometimes they come loose and you loose boost therefore power. you can look from under the truck with a flashlight up at the pipes if you have soot you have a leak i got lucky mine were just loose you can tighten with lots of extentions and a wobbly socket good luck kirk:HappyMugs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode