3x mod ? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by imported_diesel71, this thread has received 17 replies and been viewed 1046 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 06:29 AM Thread Starter

3x mod ?

Thinking about running 3 hx lines? has anyone tryed it, any input or suggestons??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-23-2006, 10:06 AM
Diesel-a-holic

Send a message via AIM to PSDfreak
Never thought of it or tried it...You think it would make a huge difference? I guess with all that pressure, more room is a good thing....something to think about...thanks for the idea. :Thumbup:

-Casey
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 01:55 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I was testing a 7.3 the other day with a gauge. the truck had a hx hose on it. at a idel i seen pressure spikes not bad but noticable. driving about the same, so i hook my gauge to another truck same year-modle and the pressure spikes were unreal!!: driving was even worse. i do think that more than one would help tame the oil induced spikes. now i just need to talk someone into letting me try it on a truck.:evil:
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 03:18 AM

I just did the HX mod recently. When I was looking around at some of the on-line vendors and reading up about what eveyone thinks I ran across some info that might pertain to your Q. I forget where I saw it, but the article was talking about some reasearch & testing that went into figuring out what size line to use. It said that using to big of a line would cause something bad and using to small of a line would be like doing nothing at all. So I think the idea of 3 lines is feasible if they are small enough. Maybe someone from ITP will chime in. I have their stainless steel line.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 04:18 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I am going to put 3 hx lines on a coworkers truck this coming weekend.:Thumbup: i will test it befor and after the install, with a high pressure gauge. ill post the findings moday.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 06:28 PM
4cstr

Cool. For sure let us know what you find out.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel71
I am going to put 3 hx lines on a coworkers truck this coming weekend.:Thumbup: i will test it befor and after the install, with a high pressure gauge. ill post the findings moday.
I think the post about the different size Hx line was form Bob Riley. He has some info on his website http://www.dieselsite.com/index.asp?...PROD&ProdID=50

The idea of course is to balance out the psi between the two heads and the fuel delivery smooths out a bit which in mine it was sweet....:Thumbup:

While on the subject of Cross over lines here's my idea for the fuel. I've been soaking up all the info at Texas Town Car's website (requires registration due to previous hackers....) and from what I can tell a fuel cross over line (Fx mod) from the #1 (pass. side) to the #8 on the driver side would act as an accumalator and keep the injectors fully fueled during it cycle. After reading all the info I'm waiting on thier reply about installing one.

From his tables, this set up eliminated the cackle and fuel mileage went up on 5 of the 6 trucks by .5 to 1.5 mpg.
Since I don't have time for a full fab up hope they have a hose I can drop in.

It would take a 90* 1/8" NPT to 1/4" compression fitting under the turbo intake and the A/C compressor area.

What you guys think...?? anyone ever try this. Kinda like a poor man's approach but beat 3 bills and already have the FPR shimmed up to 68psi.

C-man
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 04:51 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I have done the fuel cross over line. :Thumbup: i ran a line from the right head, in the front to the left head in the rear. worked great, but a real pain geting to the fitting on the left side. i didnt do any tests befor or after. this truck didnt have a cackle isue. that truck has been down, blown engine :shrug: not mine a friends. he didnt say anything about more mpg, but the truck did run smother. wish he didnt blow it up, he let me try every crazy thing i thought of on that truck:evil: :evil: :evil:
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 05:47 PM

Thanks, that's what I was kinda looking for real world feedback. I have not been to our local NAPA dealer but is it possible for a shop to fab up a 100R4 hose w/ about 4" of 1/4" tubing on the ends so I can use the 90* 1/8 NPT to 1/4 comp. fittings?

If so then I'm gonnah hop on this one....!

C-man
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 03:47 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I beleave they can. when i did the fuel hx i used 1/8 to an#4 fittings, had a stanless steal brake line off my race car about 34 inches long, routing was tough but it worked. have you removed the fuel module in the tank????:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode