Trucking Falling on FACE..?? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by KillerQuad, this thread has received 14 replies and been viewed 984 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Trucking Falling on FACE..??

Well in my SIG it tells what i have so far on the truck....
But just recently my truck started to Fall on its face during acceleration...???.... it was almost like my foot would slip off the pedal (but it didnt).... but then you had to take your foot all the way off the pedal and then hit the pedal again for it to come back but it would fall again.... THIS IS NOT FUN Merging into traffic on the Interstate..... Or trying to Blow smoke on a Ricer.....

ALSO... there are times when this does happen and my truck goes into STOCK mode when my chip was on WHATEVER HP Setting .... BTW... it will do this in Upper RPMs with Stock settings as well....

When the truck does this my Check engine light and WATER IN FUEL light both come on....

I was thinking a fuel delivery issue (dirty Fuel filter...<< Was not this) but some are telling me that my Injectors could be going bad.... or that my Chip is going bad....

B4 i take this to the Dealer to have them check the codes i was wantiing to see if this is something that some one on here has seen before.... they need my truck for 2hrs (i have trouble getting another ride for 2 hrs) and charge me ..... so i want the dealer to be last resort....

Thanks in advance....

Tyler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 06:33 PM
Destroked

Check your chip and make sure its tight in the PCM...its probably loose. If it is take some duct tape and wrap around it.

'04.5 Chevy 2500HD LLY,Alli, CC, SB, 4x4, Sleeved, Braced, FASS, 4" SS Silverline exh, EGR Blocker, all thanks to MA, EFI Live tuning by me with Edge CTS switching DSP5 tunes, 68mm Danville turbo, ARP Studs with "C" gaskets, Transgo Jr., 20x9 Diamo Karat 8's wrapped in Terra Grapplers, Superlift AAL in rear, Ride Rite Air Bags, some stainless........yeah it shines.

2002 VW Jetta GLS TDI, auto, 18x8 ASA AR3 wheels with Goodyear Eagle GT's
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel dan
Check your chip and make sure its tight in the PCM...its probably loose. If it is take some duct tape and wrap around it.
Been there, done that..... :shrug:

It is in there as tight as it can be.... plus i have a wire sticking out of the PCM for the Control Knob so it has as much Duct Tape as i can get on it....
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 06:45 PM

What setting is in the 1st position on your chip? Stock?

Could be the chip itself.

2011 F-250 CC Shortbox Platinum Wht Fx4 6.7l

(Totalled out on 7-26-2010 -2000 F-250 CC Shorty White
6sp, Luk, Non-Wastegated Van Turbo,
16 clicks of Jody's Tunes )

-2004 Cedar Creek 36' Bunkhouse Fifthwheel
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 06:47 PM
Destroked

Sounds like the chip to me then....:shrug:

'04.5 Chevy 2500HD LLY,Alli, CC, SB, 4x4, Sleeved, Braced, FASS, 4" SS Silverline exh, EGR Blocker, all thanks to MA, EFI Live tuning by me with Edge CTS switching DSP5 tunes, 68mm Danville turbo, ARP Studs with "C" gaskets, Transgo Jr., 20x9 Diamo Karat 8's wrapped in Terra Grapplers, Superlift AAL in rear, Ride Rite Air Bags, some stainless........yeah it shines.

2002 VW Jetta GLS TDI, auto, 18x8 ASA AR3 wheels with Goodyear Eagle GT's
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerQuad
Well in my SIG it tells what i have so far on the truck....
But just recently my truck started to Fall on its face during acceleration...???.... it was almost like my foot would slip off the pedal (but it didnt).... but then you had to take your foot all the way off the pedal and then hit the pedal again for it to come back but it would fall again.... THIS IS NOT FUN Merging into traffic on the Interstate..... Or trying to Blow smoke on a Ricer.....

ALSO... there are times when this does happen and my truck goes into STOCK mode when my chip was on WHATEVER HP Setting .... BTW... it will do this in Upper RPMs with Stock settings as well....

When the truck does this my Check engine light and WATER IN FUEL light both come on....

I was thinking a fuel delivery issue (dirty Fuel filter...<< Was not this) but some are telling me that my Injectors could be going bad.... or that my Chip is going bad....

B4 i take this to the Dealer to have them check the codes i was wantiing to see if this is something that some one on here has seen before.... they need my truck for 2hrs (i have trouble getting another ride for 2 hrs) and charge me ..... so i want the dealer to be last resort....

Thanks in advance....

Tyler
I have the same issue if I push the fuel pedal too far...it's the fuel pedal pushing pash it's stop. When this happens, the PCM gives a P0123 code which means the maximum TPS voltage on circuit-A has been exceeded. Some people replace the pedal...FOMOGO and I are gonna try to modify the stop to prevent the slip-by from happening.

When the fall on the face happens, just letting off the throttle will bring the pedal back.

Hammer
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 05:29 AM

you said your check engine light and water in fuel light come on. so i say you have a circuit problem? both lights are controlled and monitored by the pcm, if you have a power interupt it will do this. it may be your tps but your engine light should have stayed on after a second consecutive fault. sounds like a pcm or chip to me. my 2 cents worth?
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 02:51 PM

Did you try removing your chip?

Project 1:'04, Supercab, auto, 4x4; help from Nate at Performance Truck Products, Empire Diesel, Diesel Innovations , FirstCoastDieselPerformance, and ITP Diesel; nicknamed top-secret for now, stock injectors, stock turbo = 13.34 in the 1/4 with the zoo-dad mod 12.51 with da juice

Project 2: '86 Toyota regular cab, motor by Diesel Innovations (713/984-9441); nick-named the Fordota

Project 3: '68 Ford Ranger, regular cab, short bed, 2wd; inserting a 6.0 with engine work done by Logan Schneider, nick-named UglyTrk
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 03:04 PM
TDG Horse Hauler

Its your chip!!!!!! send it back and have Bob send you a new one.

Hauling Horses with Powerstrokes, Cummins & Big Trucks
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 08:14 PM

I would say the chip as well

I have had chips lose their memory before....don't know why but they were tight and when I removed them the car or truck (happened to both) ran great...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode