Breaking in new motor - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Tates97, this thread has received 2 replies and been viewed 654 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 04:33 AM Thread Starter

Breaking in new motor

My new motor is going in Thursday. Any suggestions on breaking it in. Have had some suggestions but curious about any ideas. Thanks Tate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 06:50 PM

Alternate your RPM's as much as possible.Expect horrible mileage till about 10k miles.Don't run synthetic oil till 10k miles.Try not to tow for the 1st 500.Just drive it and have fun.

During my trucks early years I took the same above precautions on break-in and I am at 231k on my 2002 only leaks I have are the ones I created and the front seal is weeping or the front oil pan gasket or CPS oring haven't really investigated it yet.I run rotella 5-40 synthetic for the past 80k miles.

Mike
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kainers
Alternate your RPM's as much as possible.Expect horrible mileage till about 10k miles.Don't run synthetic oil till 10k miles.Try not to tow for the 1st 500.Just drive it and have fun.

During my trucks early years I took the same above precautions on break-in and I am at 231k on my 2002 only leaks I have are the ones I created and the front seal is weeping or the front oil pan gasket or CPS oring haven't really investigated it yet.I run rotella 5-40 synthetic for the past 80k miles.

Mike
This stuff will probably fix your weeping seals: www.auto-rx.com

Check the stuff out on Bobistheoilguy.com , you will find that it is good stuff and won't hurt your engine.

Hammer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode