What tranny to get - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by TimMiller, this thread has received 7 replies and been viewed 632 times.

View Poll Results: Motor best for MPG
Cummins 21 52.50%
Powerstroke 8 20.00%
Duramax 11 27.50%
Voters: 40. This poll is closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006, 06:14 AM Thread Starter

What tranny to get

Ya i know i posted this on some other sites. I'd like to see what the preferences between different sites are. So I'm gettin money to buy a tranny, b/c mine is dieing. I got about 5k+ to spend. So what is yalls preference on which one to get.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006, 08:35 AM
Diesel-a-holic

Send a message via AIM to PSDfreak
Hey tim...I just responded to your post on another site but I'll give it to ya again

I think you are gonna see BTS win this poll, with ATS in second and Suncoast at a close third...All three are good trannys IMO. BTS seems to be a favorite among the auto guys and you've got the money for it...they have proven themselves too which is definetely worth somethin...not to say that other guys havn't

Good Luck,
Casey
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006, 08:38 AM

Cheapest value is going to be the BTS.I personally enjoy my tranny.It seems my stocker was holding up just fine cause the shifts are no different.It just doesn't chatter as BAD as it did.

I am starting to develop a delay like I put it in drive and get to a stop light and give it fuel to take off and it kinda revs then dumps and goes.I think'n it is the TC.Just have to call sometime when I am not pounding the pavement to report it.

Mike
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMiller
Ya i know i posted this on some other sites. I'd like to see what the preferences between different sites are. So I'm gettin money to buy a tranny, b/c mine is dieing. I got about 5k+ to spend. So what is yalls preference on which one to get.
You forgot to put John Wood on the list.

Hammer
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

I know i was missing another tranny place or two. Where is john woods located at?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2006, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMiller
I know i was missing another tranny place or two. Where is john woods located at?
He is in Holtville, Ca.

Hammer
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 12:17 AM
4cstr

When it comes to performance trannies for our Fords...there are really some good choices. BTS is a top performer, as is John Wood, ATS, Suncoast and the Factory Tech Monster Box. From what I have read about all of them, it will boil down to personal preference, how you feel you were taken care of on the phone, and your gut feeling. They all have very good customer service and stand behind their products. And I have heard of every one of them failing at one point or another. I'm only saying that because I don't want to lead you down the wrong road. If you have a little time yet, investigate, call, look at various threads and make some more calls.

In the end...I am sure that whatever you choose, other than the Aamco...will bring a huge grin to your face.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cstr
. And I have heard of every one of them failing at one point or another. I'm only saying that because I don't want to lead you down the wrong road. If you have a little time yet, investigate, call, look at various threads and make some more calls.

In the end...I am sure that whatever you choose, other than the Aamco...will bring a huge grin to your face.
Agree 100%. That's because all depend on parts to be made to certain specs. There's no way for a builder to look at parts and know if they were heat treated, hardened, or made from the correct materials.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode