Dynoed truck - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by strokin, this thread has received 11 replies and been viewed 807 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
aka Stroked X

Dynoed truck

Got my truck dynoed at BD Power at the dyno days. it still ahd winter fuel in it i belive. but the results i got were

311 hp 718 tq
i got a 4" turbo back exhaust, intake and DP Tuner 140 chip, Built tranny.
is good or should i be expecting more?

Sukhi

2000 Ford Excursion 4x4 7.3l PSD
-9.5" DR/Fab-tec lift, DR Res shocks, 38x15.5x20 Mickey Thompson MTZ, AFE Stage 2 intake, 4" turbo back straight pipe(no muffler) 6" tip, Autometer pyro, boost, trans, Built Tranny, ARP Head Studs, Commetic MLS Gasket, Garret BB Turbo, CCV mod. Flex-alite HD trans oil cooler. TCS HD TQ. 05 Harley Front end. 20" Jesse James Lawless 8. AMP Powersteps, DP-Tuner F-6 Chip, On-Board Air, Train Horn
http://www.ftwtrucks.com/powerstrokex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 11:45 AM

Are those #'s accual or corrected??

'00 cc f 350 a few mods, and a bts tranny.

Wet concrete, Hot Asphalt And Life Wait for no one
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 12:40 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokin
Got my truck dynoed at BD Power at the dyno days. it still ahd winter fuel in it i belive. but the results i got were

311 hp 718 tq
i got a 4" turbo back exhaust, intake and DP Tuner 140 chip, Built tranny.
is good or should i be expecting more?

Sukhi
sukhi,

That is about right for those number without an upgraded or dual Hpop system. Did you get a chance to dyno any of the other programs?
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
aka Stroked X
Threadstarter

no i only dynoed the 140 program. the numbers i belive were corrected. they gave me 3 differnt numbers actually. the first run they did it peaked at 311 hp then they did a second run that showed 308 hp but on the printout they gave me it said 306. the number they put on the board was 308. so that is the corrected number i think.
i think my hpop is holding up real good. i am thinking of upgrading my turbo. so i might be ableto sqeeze a lil more out of her.

Sukhi

-9.5" DR/Fab-tec lift, DR Res shocks, 38x15.5x20 Mickey Thompson MTZ, AFE Stage 2 intake, 4" turbo back straight pipe(no muffler) 6" tip, Autometer pyro, boost, trans, Built Tranny, ARP Head Studs, Commetic MLS Gasket, Garret BB Turbo, CCV mod. Flex-alite HD trans oil cooler. TCS HD TQ. 05 Harley Front end. 20" Jesse James Lawless 8. AMP Powersteps, DP-Tuner F-6 Chip, On-Board Air, Train Horn
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
aka Stroked X
Threadstarter

oh ya forgot to mention that last time i was on the dyno i was at 200 rwhp. the only thing i have added are dp tuner chip, and a built transmission. so i guess the dp tuner chip on the 140 setting is actually making me 110 hp aprox.

Sukhi

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 05:37 PM
Supporting Vendor

Yes that is correct if the only thing you have changed is the trans. To see the full potentional of the 140hp you will need to have bigger injectors, fuel system, turbo, and a strong hpop and if at all possible big oil(although not necessary). What you dyno'd are typical numbers for the 140 hp without the necessary mods.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeYa
Yes that is correct if the only thing you have changed is the trans. To see the full potentional of the 140hp you will need to have bigger injectors, fuel system, turbo, and a strong hpop and if at all possible big oil(although not necessary). What you dyno'd are typical numbers for the 140 hp without the necessary mods.
Diane, when will you and Jody be offering a complete package for the 7.3's? That way you could get the HPOP, injector's, turbo, fuel system and such in a package: One stop shopping , I'm just kiddin with ya, since you never return my call's Gary
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2006, 06:01 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongway
Diane, when will you and Jody be offering a complete package for the 7.3's? That way you could get the HPOP, injector's, turbo, fuel system and such in a package: One stop shopping , I'm just kiddin with ya, since you never return my call's Gary
Gary,

Some day we will. Right now we do what we can. With all the responsibilites that I have as mom with 2 little ones, our plate is pretty full. I did take your message down. We had our event and then Jody went right back out to the BTS event. You are on the list of people for him to call back. :Thumbup:
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 06:49 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to gtspowerstroke
That hp number sounds about right for the mods you had. The TQ number there are not accurate though. They never are. In order for them to be accurate they need to hook up a tach or have some way of the dyno to know what rpm it's at. They don't do that at BD because it takes to much time on the dyno they have unless they got something new since the last time I was there. They usually anounce a few times during the day that the torque numbers are not right and how to calculate them from your hp numbers.

What was the high hp Ford of the day? I had planned on going to the BD event but then the NHRDA decided to have a drag race the same day so I was going to go to that. Then it looked like rain so I didn't go to that and they ended up raceing after all. So I didn't get to do anything!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-02-2006, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
aka Stroked X
Threadstarter

i dotn remember what the highest ford was but i think it was close to 400 hp.

Sukhi

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode