Payload Question - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Bluemonster, this thread has received 2 replies and been viewed 442 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 03:31 AM Thread Starter

Payload Question

I have a 2002 F350 SW. What is the maximum payload I can carry? I'm picking up a pallet load of landscape bricks.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 03:48 AM
New member, old guy

Your maximum GVWR is on a sticker on the door jamb. I think it should be 9,900 lbs or so for a single rear wheel F350 but I am not sure.

Subtract the weight of your truck full of fuel and folks and that is the payload when you have all the folks in it. Your truck specs will have a lot to do with it. Standard cab, extended cab, crew cab, 2-wheel or 4-wheel drive, auto or manual transmission, all this stuff adds weight.

Payload on my 1995 F250 extended cab 2-wheel drive is 2,220 lbs with me in it and nobody else. My GVWR is 8800 lbs. I figured this by weighing the truck on a commercial scale when I weighed my horse trailer.

That said, if you are not going very far and drive in a sane manner you should be good with a couple tons to a couple and a half, I haul shredded topsoil and gravel in mine once in a while and usually put 4-5,000 lbs in the bed.

Dave / Believer45

'95 F250 power stroke 5 spd 4x2, extended cab, long bed, 3:55 rears, open air filter, 285/75x16 Cooper ATR tires, Putco master boss running boards, aluminum cap on bed, custom rear bumper (@350 lbs additional weight), scale weight full of fuel, me in it (285#) - steer 3420 drive 3160 gvw 6580, fast approaching a half million miles.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-13-2006, 03:55 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Thanks Dave,

I have the 4x4 SC SRW. I think the load of landscape bricks are about 2500-3000 lbs.

Thanks again

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode