Will 05/06 wheels clear 99PSD front leaf spring with new 05 axles? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Gee, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 917 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Gee

Will 05/06 wheels clear 99PSD front leaf spring with new 05 axles?

I'm in the process of swapping out my 99PSD Front/Rear Axles & Hubs for complete 05/06 units to upgrade my overall brakes and go newer Ford Wheels.
Does anyone know if the newer 05/06 Wheels will clear my (99)front leaf springs after the new 06 axle gets installed? I've heard of the problems with trying to mount newer wheels on older F-250/350 trucks and think with the newer front assembly I'll be good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 10:17 PM

they should clear
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 12:24 AM
BJS

so you're swapping axles to get better brakes but still retaining the leaf springs up front?

If so I'd do some double checking to find out if you can just swap the outer knuckle from the balljoints out and call it a day, with the possibility of using the outer stubshaft from the newer axle.

With the newer axle that has the ability to turn further you will have the ability to hit your tires on the leafsprings.

95 F350 Centurion Conversion Bronco (Crew Cab SRW) 4X4 4.10, Isspro Performax Boost, Pyro, & trans temp on the A-pillar, BDP Stage 1 injectors, Open air intake, Dpp Downpipe, Self built E4OD with parts from Racer-X, Tony Wildman Chip, Early '99 Intercooler.

Destin FL Vacation Houses 1 block from the beach
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 12:40 AM Thread Starter
Gee
Threadstarter

"BJS" I'd consider doing the coil spring update also but two guys that were planning on this idea scrapped it after seeing the tons of modding needed just to make it all work.Heck one of the guys was planning on a shop for the work and still said forget it.(Maybe his wallet wasn't agreeing with reality!!)

I,myself don't know but would rather look into maybe an aftermarket coil/strut or coilover setup to save the insides of my tires now that you've informed me of the wider turning radius with the newer front assembly!

I'll definately try looking into just swapping the outer knuckles as you mention.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2006, 03:44 AM

skyjacker makes a coil over kit for pre 05 superduties in both a 6 and 8 inch lift i think... depending if you want to lift it you might could use that kit or use that kit with some shorter springs

http://www.skyjacker.com/products-se...ber=FCO9652MKS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode