OBS no start resealed stealth dual hpop now nothing will run on either but no restart - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by whitelightning, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 783 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-24-2016, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
OBS no start resealed stealth dual hpop now nothing will run on either but no restart

HI guys,

Im running out of ideas on this one. i had a pretty good oil leak coming from somewhere in the valley under the hpop, (stealth dual pumps) i pulled pumps and resealed both pumps even did the non serviceable plugs. without knowing about the check ball, and the procedure. so when i couldnt get the truck started the first time i pulled the pumps back out to check the edge filter and checkball and recleaned iprs, everything was ok!. reinstalled pumps and still no start, on the scan tool dual IPR will open to 90% and it will climb from 100 all the to 3000 but wont fire. give it a shot of either and it will start and run fine.I ran it for 10-15 minutes it ran fine, changed chip settings and it died but will not fire up again unless i were to give it a sniff, fuel pressure is good truck ran fine before i pulled the pumps.

Thanks for the help!

95 F-250, My paint job, cowl hood, fender flares, Pro-tech tool box, 2" leveling kit, 35" Toyos, Weld Mt. Crushers, swapped the 3.55 no posi, to 4.10 Posi to help for the tires and get a Limited slip.

GO FAST PARTS- replaced 95 motor with a 97 that i rebuilt, stuck in some Rosewood stage 1s,H11 head studs, Hybrid H2E,stealth dual hpops,Itp fuel system Retro I/C, my own CCV mod, stancor GPR, K&N filter my intake tube,DP tuner F5 high idle, 60 tow, 80 econo, 120 race, Love my DP, A pilar pod Stewart warner Guages. cant forget the 4" turbo back to cool duals exhaust yeah that means a 4" down pipe!

Tranny- HD rebuilt E4OD by central transmission with all Racer X internals, deep pan!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-26-2016, 04:20 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
update:

Ok so i pulled codes and i got a P1280 and P1212. on the first few revolutions of cranking ipr % shoots way up to 90% while PSi only reaches 380 PSi I can crank for long enough and it looks like it defaults to 44% and 3100psi. so my dual pumps really suck right now so all my oil pressure is returning straight to pan somehow?

95 F-250, My paint job, cowl hood, fender flares, Pro-tech tool box, 2" leveling kit, 35" Toyos, Weld Mt. Crushers, swapped the 3.55 no posi, to 4.10 Posi to help for the tires and get a Limited slip.

GO FAST PARTS- replaced 95 motor with a 97 that i rebuilt, stuck in some Rosewood stage 1s,H11 head studs, Hybrid H2E,stealth dual hpops,Itp fuel system Retro I/C, my own CCV mod, stancor GPR, K&N filter my intake tube,DP tuner F5 high idle, 60 tow, 80 econo, 120 race, Love my DP, A pilar pod Stewart warner Guages. cant forget the 4" turbo back to cool duals exhaust yeah that means a 4" down pipe!

Tranny- HD rebuilt E4OD by central transmission with all Racer X internals, deep pan!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 09:25 AM

Sounds like it is air locked.
Try this:
So take an old IPR pig tail and hook up some leads with battery clips.
Hook it to the battery and it will hold the IPR shut and crank the engine as soon as it starts shut it off then hook up the IPR pig tail that belongs there and it should run.
Get a good heavy load on the engine (find a hill) to purge the rest of the air.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 04:25 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
thanks ill give it a shot!

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2016, 04:06 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
well tried that and no luck. seems like the pumps are not building pressure scanner is only showing 290 psi!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode