need some help anyone - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 96sierraz71, this thread has received 1 replies and been viewed 493 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 03:03 AM Thread Starter

need some help anyone

I have a 95 ford 880 wrecker with the 7.3L and i want to convert it to a car hauler with a goose neck or 5th wheel without takeing off the boom if anyone has ever done this and has an idea of mounting a hitch i would be thankfull for some tips email me at [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-22-2006, 06:49 PM

I'm not sure how you would get the trailers goose neck in around a wrecker boom. If you have the clearance:
I use a reese system that allows you to use either a goose neck or fifth wheel RV receiver hitch. I picked this one because you don't have to cut a big hole in your bed for a goose ball, just drill 4 holes for rail mounting. The system uses rails mounted in the truck bed bolted thru the bed to brackets attached to the frame. The goose ball is mounted on a drop in platform and mounts to the rails with 4 hitch pins. The fifth wheel hitch mounts the same way. When the hitch is out the rails stickup about 3/4" and the bed is free for use. Goose plate is rated for 25,000 lbs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode