Different CPS ? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Yankee Rebel, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 495 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2006, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Different CPS ?

I really need help on this,the CPS I got from International is PN1825899c93the one that came out of the truck has a part #1821720.The truck still will not run.There is fuel in the fuel canister as I replaced the mechanical fuel pump on top of the engine.I have spent Two hundred dollars on this truck with no luck.The original problem the truck lost power and it eventually died,prior to that the truck was running great.I had run the tank down to 1/4 tank on a dual tank system which I do often.It has a fresh fuel filter and oil change and I use conditioner in the fuel.I'm at a loss on what to do.....help please before I have to go to the dealer. :squish < Dealer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2006, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

What year truck do you have?

Later trucks will NOT show RPM on the dash no matter what, but earlier ones will, IF the CPS is good. That is one way to prove/disprove the CPS is at fault.

Is there ANY smoke during cranking?

'93 F-250 HD, 7.3L IDI, 5spd - FARM TRUCK
I Support: Trailer brakes an every axle over the towing vehicle's GVW; CDLs for RVers; Safety inspections for ALL vehicles and 6 axle trucks (97K GVW proposal).

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote - Benjamin Franklin

I vote for LIBERTY!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2006, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Thanks for the quick reply Jonh G,I have it running,it turned out to be the screen in the fuel bowl that goes to the FPR.I went to the web site by Steve Baz and followed the instructions on how to to it.It only took a Q-tip and about 15 minutes.That lesson cost me two hundred dollars.I've always been taught to go to the cheapest first,instead I started at the most expensive. The best thing that came out of this was finding the website,otherwise I would have never found it.Commaraderee is something you can't buy and I'm glad to find it here with you guys.Thanks again to everyone that helped and to all the newbies like me,Wecome To Da' Garage.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2006, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

Great!

KISS has saved my ***** many times as well.

I Support: Trailer brakes an every axle over the towing vehicle's GVW; CDLs for RVers; Safety inspections for ALL vehicles and 6 axle trucks (97K GVW proposal).

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote - Benjamin Franklin

I vote for LIBERTY!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_G
Great!

KISS has saved my ***** many times as well.
KISS. Keep It Simple Stupid. Mean the same in MN John?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator

Oh yes, the simple stuff is the most overlooked cause..... Been biten by that more than I care to admit to.

I vote for LIBERTY!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode