Question about installing gauge faceplate - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Super Limo, this thread has received 7 replies and been viewed 659 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Super limo owner

Send a message via Yahoo to Super Limo
Question about installing gauge faceplate

Just got a new faceplate for my truck. I dont want to screw up my needles and there readings. But once you turn the key off they all (zero out) so I should not have a problem right? Anyone ever install one of these?

Kyle

2001 Ford F-350 crew cab long bed srw black gauges boost and pyro Dp 4 pos chip. Straight piped 4 in lift with 35`s . Acetone emblems
CAN YOU KEEP UP??

Everyone dies but not everyone lives

AKA COOLUA Got A NEW NAME!

LOOK AT MY NEW PICS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 01:35 PM

I remember a post around here about these gauge face changes. You may want to do a search in the 7.3 forum for it. I know I read about the instalation and they recomended taking the truck for a drive and note the gauge readings before removal of the stock face plate, then when finished take the truck for the same drive in as close to the same conditions as possible and adjust the needles as necessary to repeat the original readings.

Eric
96 F-350 CC Dually My TDG Gallery
B codes, head studs, Comp 910 valve springs, stock turbo w/ 1.00 turbine housing
6.0 IC, NAPA 6637 air filter, AeroTurbine 4040XL, ITP Overboost Annihilator,
Quadzilla Commander, electric fuel system w/ regulated return
coolant filter, 203* thermostat
Dually Club Member #53

346.7HP, 852.1TQ 12/15/07 Greeley, CO w/ stage 1 injectors and Wildman tunes
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 02:49 PM

You have to remove the cover from it, then drive it and mark where they are. Then you can remove the face and replace it. Then go for a drive and install the needles at the same locations... A real PIA...

01 F-250 SC PSD,210k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, GTS Hybrid injectors, Studs, 910 Valve springs, Forged rods Water injection,Swamps tuned, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 100 axl tank, 4" Revtek lift, 37-14.50-17 TOYO MT's 469hp and 1068tq...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Super limo owner
Threadstarter

im going to take a pic of it and give it a shot before and after

Kyle

2001 Ford F-350 crew cab long bed srw black gauges boost and pyro Dp 4 pos chip. Straight piped 4 in lift with 35`s . Acetone emblems
CAN YOU KEEP UP??

LOOK AT MY NEW PICS
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 05:47 PM

I wouldn't get too worried about how perfect you get them back on. My uncle has been a tech. at ford for about 25 years and he told me that there was some question as to the accuracy of the gauges in one of their products. Ford replied that they are only a reference and should be monitored for normal ranges by the operator and will indicate weather or not you are in the "normal" operation range.

I have noticed that most of Fords gauges now days have only high or low makings and not specific numbers.

Just a little info I thought might be of intrest to you.

Eric
96 F-350 CC Dually My TDG Gallery
B codes, head studs, Comp 910 valve springs, stock turbo w/ 1.00 turbine housing
6.0 IC, NAPA 6637 air filter, AeroTurbine 4040XL, ITP Overboost Annihilator,
Quadzilla Commander, electric fuel system w/ regulated return
coolant filter, 203* thermostat
Dually Club Member #53

346.7HP, 852.1TQ 12/15/07 Greeley, CO w/ stage 1 injectors and Wildman tunes
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 08:45 PM

http://www.forgotton.net/frame.html

Daryl has got a good write up on his gauge cluster! Check it out...
Good luck,
Steven

01 12.5" Icon, OUO Traction Blocks, Dynatrac Prosteer Balljoints, SpynTec Conversion, 40" Toyos, GTP38R, Isspro Guages, ORU Diff Covers, Hella 500s, AMP powerstep, Mini Me's, Heat Extractor Hood, custom paint, and BTS tranny!

New Truck Pics

Iraq War Heroes Tribute Page
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 09:09 PM
Destroked

Kyle, its better to do it with the engine cold IMO. Therefore, engine temp. between the time you taking it apart and installing it doesnt change. When I put mine in I marked them going down the road and the engine dropped temp and my gauge was way off. Then, there is a slight incline in front of my house and when I put it back together my fuel gauge was also off cause the incline made my fuel level change....just a couple good tips to pass along. Just turn the key to on and wait for your glow plugs to quit pulling power and see where everything is at.

'04.5 Chevy 2500HD LLY,Alli, CC, SB, 4x4, Sleeved, Braced, FASS, 4" SS Silverline exh, EGR Blocker, all thanks to MA, EFI Live tuning by me with Edge CTS switching DSP5 tunes, 68mm Danville turbo, ARP Studs with "C" gaskets, Transgo Jr., 20x9 Diamo Karat 8's wrapped in Terra Grapplers, Superlift AAL in rear, Ride Rite Air Bags, some stainless........yeah it shines.

2002 VW Jetta GLS TDI, auto, 18x8 ASA AR3 wheels with Goodyear Eagle GT's
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-20-2006, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Super limo owner
Threadstarter

Its all changed wating to get pics up. I like the looks and once I took the old one out and installed then new one I started my truck to keep it warm befor I put the needles back on

Kyle

CAN YOU KEEP UP??

LOOK AT MY NEW PICS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode