Drivline vibration? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by AaronS, this thread has received 2 replies and been viewed 507 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

Drivline vibration?

Hi everyone.
I own a 2002 7.3 auto ex cab long bed F250 w 50000 miles.
My truck has a vibration during acceleration from about 1 mph to 10 mph. Its had the vibration since new. I never took it to the dealership because I put an 8 in lift and 38s on it a little after I bought. Now ive dropped it back down for mpg.

Running the lift and never greasing the splines on the oringinal drive shaft had the splines worn out badly and causing a lot of vibrations at speed. I ordered up a new custom drive shaft, still two piece and installed it last weekend. The truck still has the same vibration.

I read on another site that there was a tsb put out in 2005 for superdutys that have a problem that sound similar to mine but it dosent state the solution to the problem.

If anybody has any ideas to try to get closer to finding the problem or knows the solution i really appreciate the help.

Aaron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 06:35 PM

Your drive shaft is prolly angled too much if it's lifted at all. If that shaft angle is very sharp try lowering the Carrier bearing an inch or two by shimming it down.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Right now the truck has no lift on it other than the leveling kit on the front end. I do still have the shims for the carrier from the lift kit. Il try shimming it down to see if it makes a difference.

Aaron

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode