Auto tranny problems HELP?? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by STROKETHIS7.3, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 403 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 01:40 AM Thread Starter

Auto tranny problems HELP??

on my 1997 PSD the tranny when it shifts it shifts smooth but it cant seen to choose which gear it wants, for example going down the highway it keeps shifting back and forth from overdrive, the whole truck only has about 67000 miles on it,i dont know if its a sensor or something, please let me know anything will help
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 02:46 AM

my uncles truck did the same thing one day when we took it snowmobiling drove it like that for 300 miles turns out it was a blown fuse that he had hooked up his backup lights to .doesn't hurt to check it out .
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-23-2006, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STROKETHIS7.3
on my 1997 PSD the tranny when it shifts it shifts smooth but it cant seen to choose which gear it wants, for example going down the highway it keeps shifting back and forth from overdrive, the whole truck only has about 67000 miles on it,i dont know if its a sensor or something, please let me know anything will help
thanks
Are your led lights in the brake light circuit and did you notice this starting after the led lights were installed? When it happens is it @ highway speed with light throttle?
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006, 02:03 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

no its been doing it before i put the leds, yea it does it when im at a light throttle. please help it realy gets annoying
thanks
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-26-2006, 03:06 PM

First check all bulbs in the brake circuit including the third light above the cab. Replace any that are out. If it's the TCC locking and unlocking the rpm change will be 200-400 and eng noise/pitch will change. It will do this at less than 30% throttle. Some led lights cause the problem. Other thing that can be done is clean the ground. Look for a ground to frame along the inner frame in the rear axle fuel tank area. If this isn't it, another test can be done to see if leds are fooling the PCM or it's just something else.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode