gauge install questions - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Stircrazy, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 647 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-25-2006, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

gauge install questions

Hi, I got my gauges and pod in the mail the other day and I went to install them but the wire they gave me to use as a wiring kit was 20 gauge wire. the instructions for the trans temp sender say to use 16 gauge. should I be using 16 gauge for everything as that is what is on the lights also?

another problem was that the fitting you tap into the intake for boost PSI was missing, how much difference is there in using that location as to tapping into the MAP senser line?

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-25-2006, 02:10 AM
4cstr

There should be no problem tapping into the map line for boost...unless or until you add a boost fooler. Then your gauge will read wrong. You should be able to run 16ga wire without issue. I would also contact who you got the gauges from and let them know that parts were missing.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-25-2006, 02:17 AM

Even with a boost fooler as long as it is up stream from the fooler you can still tap the Map line. I have two boost reading locations, one on the map line and one on the Y pipe. Both read the same. As far as the Tranny temp, It should be 16g wire but the lighting can all be 20 gauge with no issue.

01 F-250 SC PSD,210k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, GTS Hybrid injectors, Studs, 910 Valve springs, Forged rods Water injection,Swamps tuned, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 100 axl tank, 4" Revtek lift, 37-14.50-17 TOYO MT's 469hp and 1068tq...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-25-2006, 06:15 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD
Even with a boost fooler as long as it is up stream from the fooler you can still tap the Map line. I have two boost reading locations, one on the map line and one on the Y pipe. Both read the same. As far as the Tranny temp, It should be 16g wire but the lighting can all be 20 gauge with no issue.
Do both your boost gauges respond at the same speed? "T"ing into the line would be the simpler/faster option. Then I could add the tap later and move it.

one of the things that was missing from the wiring kit (aside from instructions) was a bunch of the butt connectors and such, there were 3 but connectors and 2 pair of spade connectors.

I have all the wire I need, and connectors, in 16 and 18 gauge so by the time they can ship the missing parts to Canada I will have it installed with my own wire. just sucks to have paid 15US for something I couldn't use.

Steve
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-25-2006, 06:17 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cstr
I would also contact who you got the gauges from and let them know that parts were missing.
Already sent an e-mail but seeings as it is Christmas I don't expect an answer soon.

Steve

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode