Fuel pressure regulator??? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by broadheadjohn, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 1517 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 03:11 AM Thread Starter

Fuel pressure regulator???

How low is too low fow fuel pressure and how much is the regulator... I found one for 380$... that seems pretty steep... or do they have a rebuild kit for these??? Thanks guys..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 05:49 AM

What year of truck do you have?

I have a regulator off my 96. It should fit any OBS trucks and I will sell it for way less than that.

Eric
96 F-350 CC Dually My TDG Gallery
B codes, head studs, Comp 910 valve springs, stock turbo w/ 1.00 turbine housing
6.0 IC, NAPA 6637 air filter, AeroTurbine 4040XL, ITP Overboost Annihilator,
Quadzilla Commander, electric fuel system w/ regulated return
coolant filter, 203* thermostat
Dually Club Member #53

346.7HP, 852.1TQ 12/15/07 Greeley, CO w/ stage 1 injectors and Wildman tunes
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 05:53 AM
FRANKEN STROKE

It would help to know what truck u need it for!

My 96 needs 24psi of pressure to run and 95psi at full boost (if u go by the guys selling the stuff) anyway u can buy a regulator (aftermarket) from most part stores or Summit, or any performance shop.

I paid $130 for mine it goes from 15psi to 100psi and is boost regulated(that means when the boost goes up so does my fuel pressure).

Hope this helps!

NELSON

96 F-250 4X4,DP Tunner, EZmod, up graded IDM, custom drive shafts, staight axle up grade, 5-speed,head studs, bps bypass, dual HPOP's, AFE Filter, aeromotive fuel system, tubes, springs, oringed, copper head gaskets, 5" stacks (all chrome), south-bend dd clutch, H2E big spinny thing, some hugh-jazz injectors, 3" body lift (had to fit the turbo in), homemade traction bars fromt and rear, blood sweat & lockers!!
Four different trucks had to die to make this one!!!!!!!!!!!Thats why we call him FRANKEN STROKE! Too much fuel, and not enough money

Sled pulling in NC,TENN,VA,and anywere else theyll let us!!!!!

P.S. Dont be afraid of the sawzall! It can fix anything!

[email protected]

DONATIONS EXCEPTED!!!!!!
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 07:57 PM

*If* you are planning to do a custom fuel system / regulated return, here is what you need.
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Fuel pressure should be no more than 64psi steady, idle to wot, unless you want to place additional stress on the pump.

If you're having problems with the stock fuel bowl / regulator setup, now is the perfect time to do something about it. If you're willing to gather the parts and do the work yourself, you can do a custom fuel system with reg return for the $380 they want for the regulator you found.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoMotion

Fuel pressure should be no more than 64psi steady, idle to wot, unless you want to place additional stress on the pump.
I have a 95 7.3L turbo by the way...

You say 64 psi "steady" My needle bounces back and forth every stroke...
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 01:13 AM
FRANKEN STROKE

The 94-97 7.3 engine uses a piston (or plunger) stile pump, just like the rockers the piston goes up and down as the cam goes round! The pump has a low side and a high side, it pumps both ways up and down this causes a slite drop in pressure(your gage is too sensitive so it seems to jump)!
Your pressure seems fine to me. I would check the screen I listed above because that is what caused my truck to fall off on top end and caused it to shutter when lugging. You might also check the HPOP pressure, if the HPOP
(High Pressure Oil Pump) is not providing enough pressure it will cayse the same problems.

By the way the 7.3 in these years used a single shot (From factory) injector they only need 24psi to start and idle, but i set mine at 50 psi at idle with my size injectors! It is an Aeromotive A1000 pump and dual inlet regulator, as Locomoton said he has listed a site for you. It was cheaper to replace my factory system than to rebuild it! But I would check the cheaper stuff out first like the screen! GOOD LUCK!

NELSON

96 F-250 4X4,DP Tunner, EZmod, up graded IDM, custom drive shafts, staight axle up grade, 5-speed,head studs, bps bypass, dual HPOP's, AFE Filter, aeromotive fuel system, tubes, springs, oringed, copper head gaskets, 5" stacks (all chrome), south-bend dd clutch, H2E big spinny thing, some hugh-jazz injectors, 3" body lift (had to fit the turbo in), homemade traction bars fromt and rear, blood sweat & lockers!!
Four different trucks had to die to make this one!!!!!!!!!!!Thats why we call him FRANKEN STROKE! Too much fuel, and not enough money

Sled pulling in NC,TENN,VA,and anywere else theyll let us!!!!!

P.S. Dont be afraid of the sawzall! It can fix anything!

[email protected]

DONATIONS EXCEPTED!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode