F series vs. E series 7.3 Diesel downpipe - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 99BoggerTJ, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 2039 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

F series vs. E series 7.3 Diesel downpipe

We want to upgrade the exhaust on this E550. I know the motor is the same, but obviously its in a different location because of the E550 being a Van chassis. Does anyone know if a 4" F series downpipe work on a E series body style.

Thanks

Adam
Clayton Off Road Mfg.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-30-2006, 02:05 AM

Well, it looks like you are in Mfg so you can make anything fit, right?

Honestly, I believe the answer is either no or at least not without some modifications. What I do know is I have an E-series turbo on my F-series PSD and I had to use an adapter to get the F-series exhaust to bolt up to E-series turbo. Clear as mud? What year E550? Does it have the EBPV on the turbo? That is the big difference in the F-series and the E-series turbos I have had.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Its an 03 E550. Ya we can make a lot of things work, but if i can buy something and save me 3-4 hours its worth it. Rather be workign on things we do everyday rather then rigging something up. We haev a tubing bender but not a 4 inch die set. And I am not about to buy another 1000 dollar die to build one down pipe.

Do you know of any Van diesel sites that may have something like this?

Don't know what the "EBPV" is.

Thanks

Adam
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-02-2007, 09:57 PM
KRP

I think the F-series downpipe will work if you use the adapter like DI sells for putting a van turbo on a pickup. It eliminates the EBPV(exhaust back pressure valve) though. I think you could weld a new flange on the turbo to make it fit also and keep the EBPV, that's how they used to do the van turbo to pickup swaps I believe.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode