Propane???? anyone running propane. - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by ELKHUNTR, this thread has received 17 replies and been viewed 1646 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-30-2006, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Propane???? anyone running propane.

Hey Folks, I think I am going to intstall propane as my next mod, I am interested how many of the Garage members are using it and what they think.

Josh

Josh

2000 F350 PSD CC 4X4 AT LWB 3.73s 173,000AFE STAGE I, TN.BB, EIS 200CC HYBRIDS F5 DP TUNER 4" TURBO BACK, AEROTURBINE 4040XL, 5" STACKS, ISSPRO GAUGES,PRE AND POST TURBO PYRO, SCANGAUGE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-30-2006, 07:04 PM

I would go a different route... Turbo, maybe save for injectors... Just say no to drugs unless your drag racing.

Maybe Water injection? I love mine, almost free to fill up, give about 40hp with 40% meth... I should let you barrow one of my chips. You might be happier with a new chip rather then the bully dog... Give me a call next week if you want and we can get together... I really love my water injection.

OOPS... Chelsea was logged in... This is CSIPSD... But if you need to call my wife feel free...
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-30-2006, 07:46 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

CSIPSD, thanks for the input, a new turbo is on my list mostly because I tow alot and that dam surge kills me, when Im climbing a grade and have to get out of it because of the turbo, I get a little pist. What chip have you been most impressed with, I am mostly concerned with towing.

Josh

Josh

2000 F350 PSD CC 4X4 AT LWB 3.73s 173,000AFE STAGE I, TN.BB, EIS 200CC HYBRIDS F5 DP TUNER 4" TURBO BACK, AEROTURBINE 4040XL, 5" STACKS, ISSPRO GAUGES,PRE AND POST TURBO PYRO, SCANGAUGE.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-30-2006, 08:50 PM
TDG Mafia Member#67

ive got pane on my 6L and its like a set of injectors that you can turn on and off. got the powershot2000 kit. right price and great customer service! very easy install too! bout an hr.

1st murdered out 2011 F250 CC SB Fx4 lariat
2008 F250 CC SB 4x4 lariat dark stone, s&b intake, 5" flo pro straight pipe, 7" flo pro tip, sct livewire custom tuned by Eric @ IDP
Previous Rides:
2003 F250 CC SB 4x4 lariat centinneal black on black modded up
2001 F250 CC LB 4x4 xlt maroon lifted up
1997 F150 EC SB 4x2 xlt red
http://www.youtube.com/user/6Lstrokin
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-30-2006, 10:21 PM
Dieselis' Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdiesel
I would go a different route... Turbo, maybe save for injectors... Just say no to drugs unless your drag racing.

Maybe Water injection? I love mine, almost free to fill up, give about 40hp with 40% meth... I should let you barrow one of my chips. You might be happier with a new chip rather then the bully dog... Give me a call next week if you want and we can get together... I really love my water injection.

OOPS... Chelsea was logged in... This is CSIPSD... But if you need to call my wife feel free...

"Why in hell can't the Army do it if
the Marines can. They are the same
kind of men; why can't they be like
Marines."
Gen. John J "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELKHUNTR
CSIPSD, thanks for the input, a new turbo is on my list mostly because I tow alot and that dam surge kills me, when Im climbing a grade and have to get out of it because of the turbo, I get a little pist. What chip have you been most impressed with, I am mostly concerned with towing.

Josh

I run Tadd's tune's at Elite Diesel, Have run everyone else and his stuff works best for me... I have a DI chip you can try for a bit if ya want. Let me know!

I dont like pain because it is hard ON EVERYTHING... Rod's, bearings, pistions...

You cant control the injection timing...:Thumbup: Not to mention it costs about $2.00 a gal or better...

01 F-250 SC PSD,210k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, GTS Hybrid injectors, Studs, 910 Valve springs, Forged rods Water injection,Swamps tuned, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 100 axl tank, 4" Revtek lift, 37-14.50-17 TOYO MT's 469hp and 1068tq...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 02:24 PM

Garage
Propane in my opinion is not a good route:badidea: , things that come to mind is that cylender pressures are really high and will stretch head bolts also put alot of abuse on rod and crank bearings, the other thing is that propane is over $2.00 per ganllon and diesel is almost 3 in some areas so when you use it you just raised the cost of operating more than a good set of injectors if you dont go extreme, for the same price of the Propan kit you can get the turbonetics torque master turbo with a 91mm compressor wheel BWD sells them for $1200, or better yet the stealth HPOP will give you good realiable power for alittle bit more, i was reading about 4cstr, a member here at the garage put that on with stock injectors stock turbo and some good tuning made 333 HP and 697 TQ, look around before you commit, call and ask lots of questions.

99.5 F250, VGT 5.9 CR cummins
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 04:14 PM

"things that come to mind is that cylender pressures are really high and will stretch head bolts also put alot of abuse on rod and crank bearings"

What documentation do you have to support this statement???

Elkhuntr.

Do a search on propane injection, and once you sort through the opinions of those who have "heard" of things but dont have any actual experience using a product, you will find that those who have propane injection, love it, use it all the time and have used it for many years/miles successfully. It is not for everyone, but for those just looking for extra power (around 80 hp or so) for towing and fuel economy..........it's hard to beat for the price. The cleaner oil due to reduced soot is an extra bonus. Then again, you could spend in excess of 10k for other items and their supporting modifications.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 05:12 PM

I would get a custom tuned chip first.
1 It will add more power than you could with drugs
2 Its always on
3 Its proven safe technology
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by powershotone
"things that come to mind is that cylinder pressures are really high and will stretch head bolts also put alot of abuse on rod and crank bearings"

What documentation do you have to support this statement???

Elkhuntr.

Do a search on propane injection, and once you sort through the opinions of those who have "heard" of things but don't have any actual experience using a product, you will find that those who have propane injection, love it, use it all the time and have used it for many years/miles successfully. It is not for everyone, but for those just looking for extra power (around 80 hp or so) for towing and fuel economy..........it's hard to beat for the price. The cleaner oil due to reduced soot is an extra bonus. Then again, you could spend in excess of 10k for other items and their supporting modifications.
OK Boss... It is a Known Fact that ProPAIN raises CP's, as does NO2 and Water-Meth... No guess work there. No one is talking about spending 10K, Who's making things up now? What I am saying is get a well tunes chip, maybe water injection and you will be MUCH happier in the long run.

As far as the soot comment, I have seen many trucks with proPAIN come in for oil changes with oil as black if not worse then a truck running a set of injectors.

01 F-250 SC PSD,210k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, GTS Hybrid injectors, Studs, 910 Valve springs, Forged rods Water injection,Swamps tuned, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 100 axl tank, 4" Revtek lift, 37-14.50-17 TOYO MT's 469hp and 1068tq...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode