Lost 2nd gear - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by 9 Lives, this thread has received 1 replies and been viewed 530 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Lost 2nd gear

My 01 PSD 2X4 with 155K on the clock WONT shift into second gear....

While comming off a light it will run up the RPM's in 1st and hold...you have to let off the pedal and the tranny shifts to 3rd and is fine from there till the next time you stop. Never heard any grinding or any vibration
We dropped the drain plug and checked the fluid for metal shavings and there were no shavings. It seems like something electronic isnt letting it shift into second its weird. Other than that the tranny runs fine....could it be a valve body? vacume line? I took it to a local trans dealer and they looked at it and told me to just get a new tranny ($3,600). :squish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 07:49 PM

Mine did the same thinsg. Mechanical diod on second gear. just lest loos for not reason @ all. Call one of the reputable trans builders and they can get you going for bout 3800 and it will be a fully built performance trans not a stock rebuild with minor updates. Good luck. Feel free to PM me with any ?s about who i chose and why.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode